Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sir Kim Darroch was right!
12 July 2019, 10:00,
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right!
(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: SD if Trump was the best available it doesn’t say much for the rest.
That was my point. None of our modern politicians are any good at all. They are professional politicians and everything they touch they fuck up.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Trump can not take criticism and he is a bully, look at his record of sacking people on a whim.
So? He is removing the wheat from the chaff. I doubt there is much wheat where he is now. He has less power of people than he did in business.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Mary, Sir Kim Darroch has had an excellent and distinguished career and surely it is the duty of an ambassador to report on the administration and people he meets.
He has had a excellent and distinguished career in the civil service. They will say the exact same thing about May, Corbyn, Mandelson and all the others. It means nothing.

I agree he has a duty to report his views on whomever he meets. That is part of his job.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Whoever leaked the cables has done the country a great disservice.
Agree and they should be prosecuted and sacked.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Boris Johnson is weak and self centred has no policies and if elected PM he will be pushed around by Trump and be his puppy, God help us then.
Boris is a politician. IMO no different from the rest so I'm not expecting much. It would be good though for him to get some ideas from Trump. At least trump knows how to get things done.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: Charles is right Sir Kim Darroch would make a much better PM than Johnson, (i don’t know much about Hunt but he seems more trustworthy).
Kimmy boy would be totally useless as the PM but I feel the same about Boris and Hunt although I think their experience of the sewers will put them in a better position.

(11 July 2019, 20:23)Pete Grey Wrote: These are my personal opinions only, i respect yours, and i was taught at an early age not to argue about politics or religion.
Agree. However to discuss is to learn.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by CharlesHarris - 10 July 2019, 18:14
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by Pete Grey - 10 July 2019, 21:13
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by LAC - 11 July 2019, 01:25
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by Skean Dhude - 11 July 2019, 09:42
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by MaryN - 11 July 2019, 10:17
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by Pete Grey - 11 July 2019, 20:23
RE: Sir Kim Darroch was right! - by Skean Dhude - 12 July 2019, 10:00