Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Jamming?
10 November 2019, 19:34,
RE: GPS Jamming?
The complete destruction of a national economy and social structure does not occur in the split second a paper is signed.

That is especially true when it occurred during the era when the side that lost a war was expected to pay for it, and to the victor went the spoils. No one reads about the punitive measures taken toward the governments and individuals in the south after the war.

The north did not come into the south with a "Marshal Plan" to help rebuild the society or economy. The hatred they built up during the War has lasted in the social subconscious until now, and is allowed under the banner of political correctness.

When you drive around north of the Ohio River you still see bumper stickers reading "You lost! Get over it!" with a Confederate flag carrying an X over it. You are allowed to protest a flag that was defeated 150 years ago, but not allowed to display that flag for fear of being called a "raciest".

My own father was a "person of northern origin" that came to the southern states to seek his fortune, and he hated the southern social structure, the tight family structures, and the veneration of a separate history, until the day he died.

The Civil war was our effort at a "Brixit". Like everything else our government does, if they think they win they win forever, if they lose it is only until the next try.

Our present "crisis" over here is between the faction that wishes to exert cradle to grave control and the faction that desires individual freedoms as spelled out by our constitution. That was what our Civil War was about, but the dark cloud of the existence of slavery has obscured that fact. Most of the fighters from the south during the Civil War did not own a single slave and never expected to won one. They were simply fighting an invading army that was destroying their homes.

I think I have said here before, that every major social issue that faces my government right now can be traced back to an origin during our Civil War.

When the fighting stopped the problems had just begun.

Messages In This Thread
GPS Jamming? - by LAC - 16 July 2019, 01:20
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Straight Shooter - 16 July 2019, 10:40
RE: GPS Jamming? - by LAC - 16 July 2019, 20:19
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Pete Grey - 16 July 2019, 20:27
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Pete Grey - 6 November 2019, 21:58
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Mortblanc - 7 November 2019, 16:43
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Pete Grey - 7 November 2019, 20:55
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Mortblanc - 9 November 2019, 16:46
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Pete Grey - 9 November 2019, 20:48
RE: GPS Jamming? - by Mortblanc - 10 November 2019, 19:34
RE: GPS Jamming? - by CharlesHarris - 10 November 2019, 22:15