Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A big thank you
11 August 2020, 20:09,
RE: A big thank you
(11 August 2020, 17:43)MaryN Wrote: Wow, Lou! Well done, you. A prepper success story! Glad we were all able to help you.
Thanks so much, Mary. I suspect there's no such thing as a prepper success story until there's a real SHTF and we all survive, but I do feel I've finally started properly, and am really grateful for your encouragement.

Your own approach is the one I most aspire to, if only I can ever get enough land. Meanwhile I'm very lucky to have made closest of friends with a local farming family (sheep, pigs and chickens) which guarantees me eggs and meat if the worst happens, but I've now got them to start a little orchard (apples, pears, plums) and am getting them interested in starting a vegetable area with polytunnels on some of their spare land. Your posts have been absolutely invaluable in all this, and I'm constantly checking back through them for helpful tips.

Still, I've learned a lot of the practical side from my friends, and at least I'm now a pretty good hand at lambing - except for the triplets, which I always leave to my friends. I never knew three little animals could get themselves in such a tangle!

Messages In This Thread
A big thank you - by Little Lou - 10 August 2020, 23:21
RE: A big thank you - by Skean Dhude - 11 August 2020, 10:33
RE: A big thank you - by Little Lou - 11 August 2020, 19:51
RE: A big thank you - by Straight Shooter - 11 August 2020, 15:25
RE: A big thank you - by Little Lou - 11 August 2020, 19:58
RE: A big thank you - by MaryN - 11 August 2020, 17:43
RE: A big thank you - by Little Lou - 11 August 2020, 20:09