Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observing German Crisis
18 July 2021, 18:35,
Observing German Crisis
Watching the Germans handle their flood situation on international news has been revealing.

The information is very likely biased by the media, but if not it is interesting.

They are universally stunned over the lack of immediate and complete assistance from the government. The government should have already been there and cleaned up, replaced everything and put life back to normal. They have not done so within 48 hours so obviously no one cares!

No one has ever gone through anything like this before! No one in the world can imagine what they are feeling! They are the only ones with a problem.

All their stuff is gone, a lifetime of purchasing is gone, who will replace all of it? Oh yes, some people died too, that's tragic, but all my stuff is gone!

The rescue service refused to evacuate us! The flood was over and we were on the second floor and unharmed and safe, but they would not take us out. They said other people were hurt and needed their help! How could they be so unfeeling?

And it went on and on!

They build their world ten meters from a major river and seem completely shocked that it would have the audacity to break out of its banks and creep into their lives. And the universal cry, "the government should have done something before this happened!"

I am now convinced that 6 tough Russians with shotguns could march through Germany and be on the North Atlantic coast in a week, unopposed. They could own the place!

I, myself, live in a river oriented region. There is a major city close by that experiences flooding annually. Gazillions of dollars of tax money has gone into a system of dikes, levies and a complete river control system that extends for thousands of miles to help control the seasonal flooding, but it still exists with the knowledge that a freak situation might push the water over the levies and ruin property. If you live there you expect it. Over here we call it the "flood zone".

Apparently in Germany it is called the "It wouldn't dare!" zone.

Messages In This Thread
Observing German Crisis - by Mortblanc - 18 July 2021, 18:35
RE: Observing German Crisis - by CharlesHarris - 18 July 2021, 19:29
RE: Observing German Crisis - by MaryN - 18 July 2021, 19:36
RE: Observing German Crisis - by bigpaul - 19 July 2021, 08:52
RE: Observing German Crisis - by Mortblanc - 19 July 2021, 19:35
RE: Observing German Crisis - by bigpaul - 20 July 2021, 11:39