Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Phones
12 September 2021, 10:30,
Mobile Phones
Have you noticed how mobile phones are now seen as a default item. Over the last year I have noticed many things that are not phone related require a mobile phone.

My bank insists on being able to text me a validation number when I want to spend my money. No text, no authorisation and no purchase.
I'm looking for a new WiFi router. You need a smart phone to set it up.
My NAS (Home Network Server) now has enhanced security which can only be 2FA (2 factor authentication) which can be, a text to a phone or a app on a smart phone. Nothing else and the system complains if you don't have 2fa set up every fucking time you log on.
Next up is Amazons returns. They assume you have a mobile to use the easy method. To their credit they do allow other returns but those require a printer. Although I can't see an alternative easy way.

There are many more and it is imo caused by young programmers taking the easy way. When I started programming I had allocated space to fit my code in. Now they can take as much as they want, and the lazy gits also link others code for many thing which is why a small program done in 5Kb previously can take up 2Mb of space plus require Microshafts 2Gb code library installed.

It won't be long before having a mobile is compulsory. It'll have you id and your vaxx status on it. No more 'Your papers bitte' but 'Your phone bitte' or more likely they just point a scanner at you and it will have logged everywhere you have been, everyone you were within 10ft of, every transaction you made and recorded everything you said. No warrant required.

The nazis just were too early. Technology has enabled everything that they, Stalin and now our own government have been wishing for.

And we voluntarily are walking into this because it is easy. The future is rapidly approaching and it is wearing big boots and carrying guns. We really are a stupid species.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Mobile Phones - by Skean Dhude - 12 September 2021, 10:30
RE: Mobile Phones - by bigpaul - 12 September 2021, 10:56
RE: Mobile Phones - by MaryN - 12 September 2021, 18:01
RE: Mobile Phones - by Pete Grey - 12 September 2021, 22:28
RE: Mobile Phones - by Skean Dhude - 12 September 2021, 22:35
RE: Mobile Phones - by Mortblanc - 13 September 2021, 23:48
RE: Mobile Phones - by bigpaul - 14 September 2021, 09:07
RE: Mobile Phones - by MaryN - 14 September 2021, 12:34
RE: Mobile Phones - by bigpaul - 14 September 2021, 12:55
RE: Mobile Phones - by Mortblanc - 14 September 2021, 22:14
RE: Mobile Phones - by MaryN - 15 September 2021, 08:25