Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Cameras
22 January 2022, 05:03,
RE: Trail Cameras
The hunting season is now over so I can get these deer properly trained. We are not allowed to shoot deer over bait so I did not place food out for them during the hunting season.

Our bow season lasts from September till Jan 19, continuously. Our heard is large enough and the chances of taking deer with bow are so scant that they offer unlimited tags for bow hunters. However, you are only allowed one buck with antlers, all your other kills must be does.

Them that intend to do the Robin Hood thing keep those odds in mind. Bow season is 5 months of unlimited chances and gun season is two weeks with only a small fraction of the deer kills done with a bow.

Gun season is a scant 2 weeks in November/Dec. We also have a split Black powder season in there also and extra gun chances for the kids during free youth hunts. All together combining regular gun and muzzle loading seasons you have about 30 days to take one with something that goes BANG!

I now have out shelled corn and a mineral block on the pathway under view by my camera. We will see how this works out.

I need to find a sack of apples somewhere!

Messages In This Thread
Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 16 January 2022, 00:36
RE: Trail Cameras - by Straight Shooter - 16 January 2022, 09:18
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 17 January 2022, 01:05
RE: Trail Cameras - by bigpaul - 16 January 2022, 09:33
RE: Trail Cameras - by Straight Shooter - 17 January 2022, 18:10
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 18 January 2022, 03:03
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 22 January 2022, 05:03