Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beyond Beans, Bullets and Band Aids
23 May 2022, 05:05,
RE: Beyond Beans, Bullets and Band Aids
Joe has part of the answer, so does CH.

It is not as much a "mental health issue" as it is accepting the fact that some crap is going to befall one in the immediate future.

In the mush brain world it is called conditioning. In the military it is called training.

How long does it take to "condition" an individual to ignore terror, confusion and chaos?

It takes 16 weeks.

It takes 8 weeks of boot camp and another 8 weeks of branch advanced combat preparation, which in my branch was called Advanced Infantry Training.

After that it takes about two months of continuous in unit exposure to the sounds, sights and concussion of desperate reality to season an individual to the point that they may survive TEOTWAWKI for a bit.

At that point they are reacting on instinct and training. One reacts automatically to stimulus, based on a standard operating procedure, and hopefully the result will be survival.

If you do that to one person you have what is called a warrior. If you do it to several thousand you have an army.

Lack of training and lack of following SOP is the reason for the differences between the Ukrainian and Russian armies at this moment in time.

But I also agree with BP to some extent. Right now, with things in a general state of apathetic privilege, in the midst of plenty, the number one killer of men between 16-60 in Great Britain is suicide. The majority of those being the grown men in the 35-55 age group, not the young ones with their face in the phone.

It's not a mental health issue, it's lack of balls!

You, me and everyone else knows it. Calling it a mental health issue is simply another way to take the responsibility off the individual and transferring the blame to society for not providing enough "support", whatever that is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beyond Beans, Bullets and Band Aids - by Mortblanc - 23 May 2022, 05:05