Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Forum to a new Host
24 September 2022, 13:44,
Moving Forum to a new Host
I've had a look at the sites and they are just getting hammered by Guests. Clearly many are looking at what is going on and stating to prepare. Welcome to all.

After looking at the stats as well as the main site being trawled for data I also have the files on the files site being downloaded. I'm glad I don't pay for bandwidth. This however slows the sites for everyone dynamic. File downloads just get slower but don't timeout, web users time out.

I'm not happy with GoDaddy but they have been OK for normal use. As i still have some time till the end of the contract I'm going to move the forum on its own to a replacemnet provider I use and split the load between the providers until I can sort out where I need to move the lot to. I host other sites on the replacement provider already but the traffic is insignificant compared the the file traffic on SUK.

As I have to change the DNS records as well as moving the site some posts may be lost and the site might vanish completely for a day or two. Hopefully not though.

I'll change the DNS records this evening and see how it goes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Moving Forum to a new Host - by Skean Dhude - 24 September 2022, 13:44
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by Straight Shooter - 24 September 2022, 19:52
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by Pete Grey - 25 September 2022, 23:05
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by Mortblanc - 27 September 2022, 01:07
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by Skean Dhude - 1 October 2022, 13:25
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by bigpaul - 1 October 2022, 15:00
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by Skean Dhude - 1 October 2022, 19:45
RE: Moving Forum to a new Host - by Skean Dhude - 3 October 2022, 20:30