Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The caravan
12 July 2023, 17:57,
The caravan
The motor mover packed in on the last trip out , which means I can not park it up at home like normal , where it lives is very tight to manoeuvre even with a motor mover , there is zero chance of reversing in ! So I’ve had to park it up outside the sil factory although there is 24 7 security it’s not ideal .

So we had a good look and tried to free up the manual engagement gear , stripping down the covers and having a look…..we found a pile of crap inside and flushed it out , we got the one side free ….the other side was ceased solid so we stripped out the system and took the complete thing to my garage , where we continued to see if we could fix the problem , but to no avail …..looking at new parts replacement did not make any sense given the prices .

So we ordered a new complete system ! Which made more sense given the price of a new system .

So tomorrow we will install the new system and hopefully be able to get it home ……and book up another trip ! The joys of caravanning ! …..so much for the plastic covers …..not much good at all .

Messages In This Thread
The caravan - by Straight Shooter - 12 July 2023, 17:57
RE: The caravan - by Pete Grey - 12 July 2023, 19:33
RE: The caravan - by bigpaul - 13 July 2023, 11:52
RE: The caravan - by Straight Shooter - 13 July 2023, 21:28