Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to protect what you have ?
25 June 2012, 14:45,
RE: How to protect what you have ?
i think wife's parents must have been the original survivors cos they moved from Leeds in the 50s...they thought nuclear war with the ruskies was coming..and moved into a small thatched cottage in a hamlet a few miles from a village with no mains services, no leccy, no gas, no mains water...in east Devon, lighting was with tilley lamps, cooking on an Aga and water came from a well.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 June 2012, 15:03, (This post was last modified: 25 June 2012, 16:51 by Nemesis.)
(25 June 2012, 10:11)Tibbs735 Wrote: My ideal scenario would be to keep a very low profile, with around three years of stored food. That way you can concentrate on security and not worry about getting ambushed, or your animals or farms being seen, for 2 years. You let 2 harsh winters out of doors with no electricity, heating, or other infrastructure kill off all the majority of the refugees /looters / raiders, and keep the remainder as a backup in case of a really bad harvest.
Also, get creative with food storage and hiding, so even if people poke around "that greedy hoarder's house" you can pretend you are just as bad as everybody else.

BUT HOW WILL YOU KEEP A LOW PROFILE WHEN ALL AROUND ARE STARVING TO DEATH AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY LOOK WELL FED AND HEALTHY? YOU WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB .LOOK AT THE IMAGES FROM AFRICA .IT WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU CAN REMAIN HIDDEN FOR THE DURATION.
25 June 2012, 15:53, (This post was last modified: 25 June 2012, 16:59 by Nemesis.)
(25 June 2012, 15:03)Colin Wrote: BUT HOW WILL YOU KEEP A LOW PROFILE WHEN ALL AROUND ARE STARVING TO DEATH AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY LOOK WELL FED AND HEALTHY? YOU WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB .LOOK AT THE IMAGES FROM AFRICA .IT WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU CAN REMAIN HIDDEN FOR THE DURATION.

Many of us have spent decades , planning and investing a great deal of time and money ensuring we can lay low and stay out of people way, With respects Col stop shouting and start reading the hundreds of posts made on this and the other UK forums about planning.

25 June 2012, 18:53,
(25 June 2012, 15:03)Colin Wrote:
(25 June 2012, 10:11)Tibbs735 Wrote: My ideal scenario would be to keep a very low profile, with around three years of stored food. That way you can concentrate on security and not worry about getting ambushed, or your animals or farms being seen, for 2 years. You let 2 harsh winters out of doors with no electricity, heating, or other infrastructure kill off all the majority of the refugees /looters / raiders, and keep the remainder as a backup in case of a really bad harvest.
Also, get creative with food storage and hiding, so even if people poke around "that greedy hoarder's house" you can pretend you are just as bad as everybody else.

BUT HOW WILL YOU KEEP A LOW PROFILE WHEN ALL AROUND ARE STARVING TO DEATH AND YOU AND YOUR FAMILY LOOK WELL FED AND HEALTHY? YOU WILL STICK OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB .LOOK AT THE IMAGES FROM AFRICA .IT WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU CAN REMAIN HIDDEN FOR THE DURATION.
my thought would be total isolation, either bug in if feasible if not then bug out, stay hidden during daylight only venture out after dark to scavenge/patrol your area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 June 2012, 22:01,
hi i am a new to this site also,laying low and keeping a low profile is sound advice. but underground is the best place to be , BUT you need stelth 1. to carry out the work 2. you will need to get the gear to site yourself, and carry out the work. and all the while without being seen. no small feat. plus the use coming and going tell tale tracks and signs . i live in a detatched cottage with a couple of acres sounds easy to prep my bunker but its very very difficult , and how would you get anything done in a city ? but the idea is out of site out of mind with plenty of food and water while the people on top who did not prep would kill one another. but what about the goats and poultry
not thought about that one[/size][/font]
26 June 2012, 00:05,
(25 June 2012, 22:01)Straight Shooter Wrote: hi i am a new to this site also,laying low and keeping a low profile is sound advice. but underground is the best place to be , BUT you need stelth 1. to carry out the work 2. you will need to get the gear to site yourself, and carry out the work. and all the while without being seen. no small feat. plus the use coming and going tell tale tracks and signs . i live in a detatched cottage with a couple of acres sounds easy to prep my bunker but its very very difficult , and how would you get anything done in a city ? but the idea is out of site out of mind with plenty of food and water while the people on top who did not prep would kill one another. but what about the goats and poultry
not thought about that one[/size][/font]

26 June 2012, 00:08,
(24 June 2012, 19:54)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(24 June 2012, 18:41)Colin Wrote: I feel that the only way to survive is in organised groups.
How else will you fight off the masses !

By hiding and caching and stockpiling and having mututal support agreesments with other survivalists and by not being drawn into groups with all their associated problems.

NR is correct. Stay well away from groups at all costs, but be ready to band with sensible like-minded individuals after things go down. And go hardcore on privacy and low-profile living in the meantime.
26 June 2012, 00:11,
the idea of going underground isnt such a bad idea, if you can find fall out bunkers, air raid bunkers, and the networks of tunnels that were built in world war 2 for if uk was invaded. It doesnt help with the food and water and sanitation problems, but some were better then others and if you have a few months stock of food you might be able to hide for some time. Eventualy you will need to come out so that has to be taken into account. One place to start looking for bunkers are planning offices and maps
26 June 2012, 06:09,
SS, You say you have a small cottage and you would think that underground is the way to go. Is your floor flag stone or wood? If wood cut out a trap door, if flag stones have a moveable flag. Dig deep and put in concrete walls and floor. Dig a sump in case you have excessive condensation. Around your two acres grow masses of thorn bushes to keep people out. Search the web for Underground Bunkers and plans. Cover your entrance with a rug to conceal it. Kenneth Eames.
26 June 2012, 08:57, (This post was last modified: 26 June 2012, 08:59 by NorthernRaider.)
(26 June 2012, 00:11)James Jackson Wrote: the idea of going underground isnt such a bad idea, if you can find fall out bunkers, air raid bunkers, and the networks of tunnels that were built in world war 2 for if uk was invaded. It doesnt help with the food and water and sanitation problems, but some were better then others and if you have a few months stock of food you might be able to hide for some time. Eventualy you will need to come out so that has to be taken into account. One place to start looking for bunkers are planning offices and maps

Or just visit the Sub Brit web site and join them cos those folks have spent decades researching and plotting nearly every useful underground structure built from napolionic times right up to today.
Also read Beneath the City Streets by Peter Laurie and War Plan UK by Duncan Campbell.
(26 June 2012, 06:09)Kenneth Eames Wrote: SS, You say you have a small cottage and you would think that underground is the way to go. Is your floor flag stone or wood? If wood cut out a trap door, if flag stones have a moveable flag. Dig deep and put in concrete walls and floor. Dig a sump in case you have excessive condensation. Around your two acres grow masses of thorn bushes to keep people out. Search the web for Underground Bunkers and plans. Cover your entrance with a rug to conceal it. Kenneth Eames.

I wrote some time ago about the guy near Whitby who had two huge great plastic cess pit plastic tanks buried round the back of his cottage, one is actually used as the waste cess pit for his home, the other has a garden shed stoud on top of it and its been fitted out as a mini bunker.