Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Solar Storms
6 February 2013, 17:53,
RE: Solar Storms
Another should be hitting us Friday/Saturday, but it's just a glancing blow.
Folk rarely mention on the lack of flares we're having - The Earth needs them to expand it's atmosphere.
Let's not forget that prolonged inactivity caused what is known as the Maunder Minimum (<< Some good reading there found on google)
6 February 2013, 21:24,
This flare was from `sunspot 1669` and the flare is heading away from earth, it was no-where near enough to do ham anyway.

I watch the sun via a website called SolarHam.com,... the largest for a while [ as `LiveItUp just said ] is due this weekend, but as said just a glancing blow, and will not cause us any problems
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 February 2013, 10:38,
Keep coming across more about solar flares in the media
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/solar-superstor...ml#dQvshID
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
7 February 2013, 11:54,
I note the UK govt is advising people to " Prepare" in the article http://uk.news.yahoo.com/solar-superstor...ml#OnTfMM0

7 February 2013, 19:14,
I think its a real threat, an EMP via a bomb or a flare on a large scale would put the country back to the stone age,... everything works on Electric
A major part of survival is invisibility.
7 February 2013, 19:19,
(7 February 2013, 19:14)Highlander Wrote: I think its a real threat. everything works on Electric

thats the trouble, all the modern houses are being built all electric with no fireplaces, its fine putting your trust in the generating firms but if something goes wrong all the power goes off, i can hear the sheeple screaming already!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.