Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
8 April 2013, 22:41,
RE: SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
Economic collapse, civil unresr, pandemic or emp.

As far as preps go I will never be prepared, ideal set up would be a bol in the woods with a years worth of food,water storage and some good crops on the go. But I must make do with what I have got, about 6weeks food at a push, not ideal flat surrounded by scuzy chav types. My priorities know are learning how to make traps for small mammals and birds. When cash flow allows will get more fishing gear, a new bow and as many arrows and soare strings as I can get
9 April 2013, 08:44,
economic collapse followed by societal collapse, probably as a result of the EU imploding.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 08:58,
personally im pretty chilled out, more focused on getting my life sorted than i am on prepping, whenever i get money coming in, i spend some on preps, some on enjoying myself, and i stash some away.

i also think its pointless to have preps sitting there waiting to be used, so if i go out and buy meself a sleeping bag or tarp or knife or whatever, i go out there and use it, in this regard i guess prepping is a stepping stone to other hobbies like backpacking and such like.

at the end of the day im not convinced that anything will actually happen, but if it does, i've got stores of information, some gear, enough common sense and the right mentality to survive whatever comes at me and my own.
9 April 2013, 09:00,
that's a pretty good outlook.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 09:02,
he's also very young and hasnt had much of a life yet, experience comes with age .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 09:07,
its still a better outlook than I had when I was 25 to 30.

infact its a better outlook than I had between 30 and 35 too
at that age I knew it was all going begin to collapse soon , and couldn't really care less.

I guess im just a late developer.
9 April 2013, 09:16,
we all know its gonna collapse, its just a matter of when.
9 April 2013, 09:20,
My opinion at this moment.

I'm not sure we will have a TEOTWAWKI event. I see an economic collapse followed by rioting and starvation as we find we can't import foodstuffs. Because it will be slow there will be riots, murders, burglaries, etc. until it settles down. Then we will either recover and end up back on the 60s or we won't and end up back in the 1800's. I'll be working towards the former.

My preps included socking up on food, which covers other events as well, keeping our heads down, Keeping OPSEC and making sure all our food and kit is spread around and hidden.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 April 2013, 09:21,
I got a really strong feeling its already started, its no longer when, will it collapse.
its now how long is this collapse gonna take.
9 April 2013, 10:17,
what with the rioting and the starvation i dont think it'll be like the 60s(those were good times), i think we'll have a large die off and eventually revert to an agricultural society-we'll have to grow all our own food anyway and imports will be non existent.