Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Ends
10 December 2014, 13:04, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2014, 13:05 by Devonian.)
RE: Political Ends
So about 50% of the population is on prescription meds - that's shocking!!

And I think the 1.4 Billion nation debt is a typo, it's more like £1.4 Trillion.

And the one number I'd like to add to NR's list is the amount of interest that the UK is paying per week on the national debt, which is over £1BN per WEEK!!! or over £52BN a year!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/econo...-week.html
10 December 2014, 13:16, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2014, 13:18 by NorthernRaider.)
Ta for the corrections, and the fat remains the country simply cannot continue down this road as it is, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo is it we all die together in collective harmony, or do those of us who can make plans and preps to survive with your loved ones the tribulations heading our way like a runaway train. Don't answer just decide.

Here you go Dev
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30411246

10 December 2014, 13:59,
I reckon you're going to get your wish to only pay for the services you use sooner rather than later as these Austerity measures are certainly going to trim services in short order(not generally a bad thing as I feel there are loads of thing's out there that don't deserve funding) were going to just have the basic's ie streetlights/bin collection's/police and a scaled down health service for those who can't afford to go private...this is the way it's going.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
10 December 2014, 14:11,
our street lights are all turned off at night, bin collection is fortnightly, pot holes are not being repaired only on the most major roads. as for police-did you know Scotland Yard has had to sell off the famous revolving sign cos their short of cash??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2014, 14:22,
(10 December 2014, 14:11)bigpaul Wrote: as for police-did you know Scotland Yard has had to sell off the famous revolving sign cos their short of cash??

It's the office block behind the revolving sign that they've just sold Wink Big Grin
10 December 2014, 15:01,
The bit I don't get and I think many others do not get is EVERY possible tax has gone up and more and more people are paying 40% income tax and 14% NI, VAT is now 20% all the sources of government revenue are UP, COUNCIL taxes NEVER go down only UP, Government and Council revenues are WAY WAY up on what they used to be AND Public sector wages have stayed fairly low.

YET they are cutting everything, reducing services, making eligibility more diificult, cutting the numbers on benefits, and the Deficit keeps growing and the Nat Debt keeps growing.

So whilst food banks flourish we still BORROW billions to give in EU membership and foreign aid !!!

God knows what it will take to make the sheeple and establishment to realise the whole sordid mess is unravelling.

10 December 2014, 15:06,
(10 December 2014, 15:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: God knows what it will take to make the sheeple and establishment to realise the whole sordid mess is unravelling.

TSHTF perhaps??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 December 2014, 15:14,
(10 December 2014, 15:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: The bit I don't get and I think many others do not get is EVERY possible tax has gone up and more and more people are paying 40% income tax and 14% NI, VAT is now 20% all the sources of government revenue are UP.

The problem is, is for those of us who do pay taxes, then yes the taxes are going up and we are paying more and more, but...... at the same time, there are massively increasing numbers of people who pay no tax at all, due to the personal tax thresholds having increased meaning more people have been lifted out of tax altogether, and this coupled with the increase in part time workers actually means that tax revenues are falling.
10 December 2014, 16:24,
if UK plc was audited right now....we'd be stopped from trading and at least be insolvent probably bankrupt!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
10 December 2014, 17:46,
don't you believe it! the EU hasn't balanced its books for 19 years running and still they ask for more money!! no, its only the likes of you and me that would be made bankrupt.