Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Training..
28 February 2013, 17:02,
RE: Military Training..
(28 February 2013, 13:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: [quote='Tigs' pid='47713' dateline='1362052705'

Your wrong mon ami, our troops have frquently been deployed to kill British civilians over the last 500 years, and have done so. Shooting strikers and luddites, reading the riot act before opening fire, its happened in the UK from Cornwall to Scotland. Much of infantry is now recruited from south pacific, african, west indian and nepalese communities and those dudes will shoot who ever the officers tell em to. Rifle volleys, sabre charges etc have all been used. Even when Eire wa part of the UK our troops had no comunction in opening fire on republican protestors. We saw troops deployed to protect T'Mills , Docks, Mines, etc from 1850 through the 20th century. Indeed your own beloved regiment opeed fire on the republican protestors in 1972.
[/quote]

and as for "if push comes to shove the Army will shoot the plebs down" never! no british soldier would ever accept an order to open fire on unarmed civilians either in this country or anyother!

I think you will find this is just one episode of the British Army killing it's own civilians. http://www.peterloomassacre.org/history.html
Parliament is there through the consent of the Queen not we the people, and she can dissolve it any time and take control. and my point was the Oath is taken to protect the Monarchy not the people, your allegiance as per your oath is to the Queen not the civilian population.
28 February 2013, 17:06,
I revoked my oath and left the army when I became a republican.

28 February 2013, 17:21,
(28 February 2013, 17:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: I revoked my oath and left the army when I became a republican.
A fellow Republican!! and I thought I was a minority of one, I feel all revolutionary now.
28 February 2013, 17:27,
(28 February 2013, 16:56)Tibbs735 Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 14:02)bigpaul Wrote: all this talk of squaddies shooting civilians! post SHTF there wont be enough left of the British Army to even guard the barracks, numbers are being run down all the time, soon be less than 82,000 even if the soldiers are armed and civilians are not, 82,000 against 65 million are long odds and the soldiers would be overwhelmed by sheer weight of numbers!

I think a group of soldiers being ordered around by some emergency official would quickly realize, especially if they had some officers or nco's with common sense, that they hold all the cards, and would promptly gtfo with some useful civvies, leaving the emergency official to deal with the mob!

Would a few bullets disperse the mob though? Even if they were fired overhead?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 17:40,
(28 February 2013, 17:27)Scythe13 Wrote: Would a few bullets disperse the mob though? Even if they were fired overhead?

depends what mood the mob was it, if they werent going to take any c##p from anyone then probably not.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 17:44,
(28 February 2013, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 17:27)Scythe13 Wrote: Would a few bullets disperse the mob though? Even if they were fired overhead?

depends what mood the mob was it, if they werent going to take any c##p from anyone then probably not.

Which is why you/we following the lone Wolf route will keep you/us away from the mob and any forthcoming nastyness hopefully
28 February 2013, 17:48,
(28 February 2013, 17:44)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote: depends what mood the mob was it, if they werent going to take any c##p from anyone then probably not.

Which is why you/we following the lone Wolf route will keep you/us away from the mob and any forthcoming nastyness hopefully

EXACTLY!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 17:48,

Or make you a lone target without back-up (just playing devils advocate).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 February 2013, 18:18,
(28 February 2013, 17:21)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 17:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: I revoked my oath and left the army when I became a republican.
A fellow Republican!! and I thought I was a minority of one, I feel all revolutionary now.

You would be uprised just how many old cold war warriors turned republican in the 80s.

28 February 2013, 18:23,
(28 February 2013, 17:48)Scythe13 Wrote:

Or make you a lone target without back-up (just playing devils advocate).
if we stay away from the mobs we'll be fine, its sheeple who will cause the most problems.