Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snippets about the floods
12 February 2014, 12:09,
RE: Snippets about the floods
I make stoppers that fit in the drains to stop a build up of poo flooding into my garden instead it builds up in some else's.
Failure is NOT an option
12 February 2014, 12:20,
wouldn't the pressure build up behind it and push it off? I have seen manhole covers do that when I was in the building industry.(and the smell is something else !Big Grin)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2014, 12:59,
I remember seeing a news snippet on regional TV not so long back where this estate had been recently built that was on the lower end of a flood plain. The home owners and builders had cooperated in fitting flap valves in the waste water systems and smaller flap valves on each house where the waste water joins the system. they also built 3 ft high walls round each house out of brick with slots in the gate pillars for flood barriers to be installed in if the floods came. Indoors the distribution board was set about 7 ft from the floor and all the sockets were at least a meter off the ground.

People who choose to buy riverside or flood risk property and take no precautions to mitigate against floods baffle me, they KNOW at some point they WILL get flooded but when it happens they blame everyone except themselves and their own lack of preps. Its like these eeejits you hear about who never ever check the oil and water etc in the vehicles then whinge when it blows up a long way from home.

12 February 2014, 14:55,
My point about the folks in the south east just got proven again, on Sky they are reporting that the Environment agency workers have been withdrawn from Wraysbury after suffering constant abuse from the locals.

12 February 2014, 15:03,
the guys on the ground are probably doing the best they can, its the idiots like Lord Chris Smith they should be having a go at!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2014, 15:04,
The GMB union has also just announced that public sector workers from the EA and other local agencies have been withdrawn after threats and abuse to the rescue and flood workers in Wraysbury area.

12 February 2014, 15:16, (This post was last modified: 12 February 2014, 15:17 by bigpaul.)
just seen them announce this on Sky, apparently the workers felt so threatened by the householders the union pulled them out of the area.

just shows you what will happen when TSHTF dosent it?
12 February 2014, 15:25,
Exactly, preppers plans must be independent of the state emergency response systems, we must learn that we can only trust in our own people.

12 February 2014, 15:35, (This post was last modified: 12 February 2014, 15:36 by bigpaul.)
I have always reckoned that when TSHTF out here miles from Westminster we would be left to get on with it by ourselves, Devon county council are a joke and the Police are next to useless unless you live in a city. I have realised for a long time that TPTB are NOT coming -riding to the rescue like the 7th Cavalry bugles blazing- sorry thing is I don't think many people realise this and expect help to come, sadly they will be a long time deceased before and if any help comes.

I mean look how long it took to get anything done on the levels-those people were left to their own devices for 8 weeks before any help came.
12 February 2014, 16:18,
West Coast Mainline to close at 7Pm tonight

Winds of 105 MPH reported to the west of the Wirral