Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personal security
5 September 2011, 02:33,
personal security
i think it is a good idea to have a plan for personal security.
learn a good martial art now and how to use weapons really well could safe your life now not just in the future. ju jitsu is a good starting point and it's been around for thousands of years and battle tested.Big Grin
to win the war, you must be willing to die
5 September 2011, 08:55,
RE: personal security
It takes a while to learn though and needs you to be at a certain fitness level. It also depends on your age, size, body weight and skills.

A 357 magnum on the other hand.....

Although what you say is right. But you need to consider your own circumstances.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
5 September 2011, 12:45,
(5 September 2011, 08:55)Skean Dhude Wrote: A 357 magnum on the other hand.....
... will probably break your wrist unless you're a big fit man. Wink
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
5 September 2011, 13:26,
(5 September 2011, 12:45)Skvez Wrote: ... will probably break your wrist unless you're a big fit man.

You could be right there. It had a powerful kick.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 September 2011, 01:51,
if you start look around at clubs and class in the area that you live in you should find a good instructor and ju jitsu has so many parts to it, any body can try and learn fitness comes in time and a person in a wheel chair can do it, young or old. it's called a gentle art but is far from that if you don't know it.
a .357 is a good choice but i like a .50 egale, more stopping power for the man in front of you and the one behind him
6 September 2011, 09:11,
Grumpy,

My sort of thinking but that is one hell of a recoil. Most men won't be able to handle that.
Skean Dhude
6 September 2011, 10:18,
it's o.k. i could pick myself you as longs as they couldn't.Big Grin
6 September 2011, 10:37,
Why are most men only interested in the size of the weapon and not about the finesse of its placement?
6 September 2011, 10:46,
It's a man thing. We want the biggest, the fastest, the shiniest, the best looking. It doesn't have to do a particular job as long as we perceive it fits the main criteria.
Skean Dhude
6 September 2011, 11:20,
I'd rather have a .22 and be able to place the entire magazine on target than have a hand cannon and after the first shot sprains my wrist be unable to hit anything. It won't matter for the first target but it'll be a very important factor if he had friends.