Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Fuel
22 September 2021, 14:07,
RE: Old Fuel
(19 September 2021, 17:11)Pete Grey Wrote: ................The camper is diesel and I also keep two jerrycans for that, however at the end of the day even though we probably won’t be driving I can’t get out of the habit of keeping fuel.

As an afterthought it should be easier to scavenge diesel than petrol after an event, as it used in wagons and plant everywhere, and if the camper is not going anywhere then it becomes a big gen-set.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
22 September 2021, 15:19,
especially as all filling stations are now selling E10 petrol ONLY!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2021, 20:50,
E5 petrol is readily available in the midlands in the higher grades, 97RON and above, BP, Shell and even Tesco.

Shelter, security, water, food, cooking, heating, lighting, first aid, medication, communication, power, transport.
23 September 2021, 09:07,
local filling stations are only selling E10.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 August 2024, 22:16,
I know this is an old thread but it is important and It’s just caught me out.

With E10 petrol the trade now admits it starts to deteriorate in as little as 30/60 DAYS !!! ..... scary.

With modern fuel injection cars where with normal everyday use, and filling up every week there is no problem.

With older cars or equipment like generators, chainsaws, rotavators etc with carburettors you have major problems, these often tend stand for some time like over winter with fuel in the tank slowly turning to CRAP.

So please do what i’m having to do.......empty you jerrycans (use it in the daily runabout), refill with the best E5 fuel (Shell V-power or Esso synergy supreme) and use a fuel stabiliser to extend the useful life to at least 2 years.

I don’t know about current diesel fuel but I also use a stabiliser (fuel for the camper).

Please give it some thought......don’t get caught out.

30 August 2024, 10:32,
I inherited a paraffin heater and paraffin from my dad 18 yrs ago the paraffin is still OK to use in the heater all iv ever done is give it a shake around now and again.
Survive the jive (youtube )
30 August 2024, 13:04,
(30 August 2024, 10:32)Sunna Wrote: I inherited a paraffin heater and paraffin from my dad 18 yrs ago the paraffin is still OK to use in the heater all iv ever done is give it a shake around now and again.

Not paraffin it’s not volatile just flammable i’m talking about petrol.

30 August 2024, 13:22,
Sorry peter.
Survive the jive (youtube )
30 August 2024, 13:26,
(29 August 2024, 22:16)Pete Grey Wrote: I know this is an old thread but it is important and It’s just caught me out.

With E10 petrol the trade now admits it starts to deteriorate in as little as 30/60 DAYS !!! ..... scary.

With modern fuel injection cars where with normal everyday use, and filling up every week there is no problem.

With older cars or equipment like generators, chainsaws, rotavators etc with carburettors you have major problems, these often tend stand for some time like over winter with fuel in the tank slowly turning to CRAP.

So please do what i’m having to do.......empty you jerrycans (use it in the daily runabout), refill with the best E5 fuel (Shell V-power or Esso synergy supreme) and use a fuel stabiliser to extend the useful life to at least 2 years.

I don’t know about current diesel fuel but I also use a stabiliser (fuel for the camper).

Please give it some thought......don’t get caught out.

I dont use generators, I used a chainsaw once and I've got the scars to prove it.
I use the No Dig school of food growing.
had several lawnmowers when I was a self employed gardener but only kept a couple of gallons of petrol.
I only keep what in the tank of my car but I top it up as soon as it gets to half which is about every 10 days or so.
post SHTF I wont be using fuel either as we are neither bugging out or going far.
30 August 2024, 15:05,
You can buy a booster additive , I have some got it off the net ………..wild child added some to my coffe ? But it didn’t work ! lol sorry boys I could not resist .