Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morals and canibalism....
24 November 2011, 20:52,
RE: Morals and canibalism....
(24 November 2011, 20:50)Skean Dhude Wrote: That is why we still talk about options for those who must stay in a city or large town. We can emphasise it all we want. Some just can't.

So can we have an URBAN prep section to help out ? Smile

24 November 2011, 21:07,
I'm trying to keep the areas to a minimum because then things get missed. You have an urban area and a rural area then something is posted in the urban area because the author thinks it goes there. Then it is overlooked by the rural guys and it would have been suitable for both.

It doesn't seem to be an issue atm so lets just keep an eye on it. We can always add it later.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 November 2011, 22:00,
Gracias Senor Dhude Smile

25 November 2011, 01:19,
the thing with preping is after a while you plan for this then plan for that until you start planning for something big to happen then do you give in or say i've come this for i'll see it to the end.
no good going half harted about things the more you think the more you realise who quick small problems could make big problems.
i hope jd1 didn't take what i wrote personal but at some point you have to sit down and ask what you doing just buying time till help comes or taking care of you family then you choose which then act fast move out of the area get a different job put things in place and have a clear plan what you are going to do the work through things to find you weak point i see a few have on this site from what they have wrote but others might not if i can make one prepper who's just getting by move up a gear with a better chance great! better that than letting them realise there mistake when it's to late then i've done my job
i did move fitted the job the way i wanted it and the stuff we need for short term survival and long term
to win the war, you must be willing to die
10 February 2012, 18:48,
(14 November 2011, 20:37)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Scenario...
Many months after tshtf, foods running out, bad growing season or crops been raided, yourself your family if you have one close to starvation...
No deer in the woods, no chickens left...
when and would you consider long pig fritters?
personaly if my familys syrvival depended on it I think it'd be a hunting we will go, but how bout you....
that should read survival if you please not syrvival

The one overriding problem is that ALL human tissue contains toxins that cause an illness similar to prion desease or BSE... It's natures way of saying " don't eat the neighbours".

Yes... There are people all over the world who have(and maybe still do) indulged in canibalism, but it has only been as a ceremonial act, involving tiny amounts of flesh And while a small amount as a life saving act may not cause any obvious problems, consumption of "long pig" should be avoided like the plague, especially when full mental faculty is required for future survival.
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
11 February 2012, 01:51,
Pass the ketchup!Angel
11 February 2012, 12:50,
how about bugs lots of protien on them but yes if all there was to eat better then dieing
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 February 2012, 15:46,
I'm of a nature that I'm not inclined to kill another person, unless they were trying to kill me or someone I was protecting or cared about.

If someone was minding their own business, I'm unlikely to jump out and chop them up. Genuinely, it would be a decision I could only make while in that situation.

I like to think I wouldn't need to kill someone. I hope that I'd be in the situation where that would never arise.

Come that situation, I would be in split mind. Which ever instinct dominates at that moment would be the dependant factor.
7 June 2012, 13:00,
It's not my first choice, but food's food. And the starving, much like beggers, can't be choosers too...
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."
7 June 2012, 22:13,
I can't say I never would... BUT it is big decision. Not morally as much as how it will effect your survivability. There are a lot of options before it would be 'essential' to hunt people. Tall road kill is a different matter, but to actively hunt is very dangerous step. If I was out with my group after a lot of SHTF and we heard of a few folk who had taken to 'munching men' a little early. They would obviously be a hazard and therefore a target for us. Also, a lot of people are stupid, but a cunning human can make a very dangerous target.
I would suspect life expectancy to drop considerably after taking to people hunting.

I understand sometimes one may have to do extreme things to survive, but that is one thing that needs to be thought about a lot first, and it has BIG backfire potential.

I would even consider eating Japanese food before resorting to that.