Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bread and other things.
14 July 2012, 17:14,
RE: Bread and other things.

Wow, you're really prepared to put your faith in the stupidity of others like that? You're braver than me. I thought the whole point of being a prepper was to be ahead of the game so that you didn't have to chase around with everyone else.Wink Hey ho.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
14 July 2012, 17:23,
(14 July 2012, 17:14)TOF Wrote: Wow, you're really prepared to put your faith in the stupidity of others like that? You're braver than me. I thought the whole point of being a prepper was to be ahead of the game so that you didn't have to chase around with everyone else.Wink Hey ho.

no not really, but we live in a tiny..and i do mean TINY modern 2 bed semi detached housing association house and there just isnt any storage, what storage there is is full up, there is no where for anything more to go, the rooms in this house are tiny, we worked out if we had a 40ft by 15ft mobile home we would have more floor space than we have in this house, we've got an alcove in the hall where we store all our tins, milk and flour, the cupboard under the stairs is full, the spare bedroom is full of spare clothes, spare jackets, my stock of toilet rolls and the clothes drier, we've got 2 freezers full of fresh meat and fruit and there is absolutely NO MORE ROOM for any more stuff!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 July 2012, 18:42,
(14 July 2012, 13:25)TOF Wrote: If I could afford it, I'd buy Marriages flours. However, I can't, so I'm constantly experimenting to make the best of what I can afford. I can see it coming soon when a half decent loaf will top £2.00 and I would rather go without than eat that pretend sliced stuff.
I want to be ahead of the game and still be able to have a loaf.
How much do you store of the Wessex Mill seeded flour BP?

I'm interested in best end product at cost effective price too! I'm really interested to know what your experimentation is going to show up as I can only prep by being frugal!
14 July 2012, 21:43,
i buy wheat grains from (dovesfarm.co.uk ) £17.00 for 25k sack a good way to store long term(upto 25 years ) use maylar bags ( the 5 k type ) with oxy absorbers you can get these from (fresherpack.co.uk) to seal the bags use a household iron its easy!!! do not over fill bags!!! you will need 8 bags for 25k sack. Both these companys are great to deal with . hope this helps folks
15 July 2012, 08:10,
if you cannot store much food, go for army rations, easy to stoor, lasts ages, and doesnt taste too bad. I would say have at least a 3 week suply of them, they can be kept in a suitcase, under the bed ect
15 July 2012, 09:11,
i reckon we've got 6 months worth of food stored, if i ever find the person who designed these houses(1990's) i will ring his neck!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 July 2012, 11:27,
I have 40 pound of wheat in the house and have a Corona grain mill. Probably in August or September I will be ordering 50 Kilo's more. For Survival it is recommended that you should store 300 pond of wheat per person, per annum. With all the extra work that you will have to do, you will need this amount. Most preppers will need to work from sunrise to sunset. There will be other chores to be carried out in the dark of the evening too. Kenneth Eames.
16 July 2012, 11:50,
if we can get someone to redesign the alcove/pantry we can get more stuff in, at the moment its about as full as it could possibly be, what we need is better shelving than is there at the moment( we are using old bookcases as shelves and its not as successful as it might be).it needs someone better than me at carpentry.
16 July 2012, 12:29,
(16 July 2012, 11:50)bigpaul Wrote: if we can get someone to redesign the alcove/pantry we can get more stuff in, at the moment its about as full as it could possibly be, what we need is better shelving than is there at the moment( we are using old bookcases as shelves and its not as successful as it might be).it needs someone better than me at carpentry.

Lol, when you find one send him to me, my biggest problem is my lack of decent DIY skills. I can get the basics done, and am pretty good with a paintbrush, but even using the measure twice, cut once mantra, I can still manage to Bu**er it up!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
16 July 2012, 12:39,
(16 July 2012, 12:29)TOF Wrote:
(16 July 2012, 11:50)bigpaul Wrote: if we can get someone to redesign the alcove/pantry we can get more stuff in, at the moment its about as full as it could possibly be, what we need is better shelving than is there at the moment( we are using old bookcases as shelves and its not as successful as it might be).it needs someone better than me at carpentry.

Lol, when you find one send him to me, my biggest problem is my lack of decent DIY skills. I can get the basics done, and am pretty good with a paintbrush, but even using the measure twice, cut once mantra, I can still manage to Bu**er it up!
tell me about it! i'm pretty good at taking the tops off blue butts and i can put up the old shelf but never really learned carpentry at school or at home, father was one of these guys who was so handy he never taught me anything it was always a case of" get out of the way, i can do it quicker myself!" we got a very short supply of handymen round here, if their any good their booked up for the next 6 months!