Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello
23 July 2012, 07:42,
RE: Hello
history of the human race ay? kinda reminds me of how different religions like to put their festivals or holy sites slap bang on top of the previous religions festival dates or holy sites, just like how most churches are on top of pagan holy sites, or jesus was actually born in may or something Tongue

we're such a stupid species xD
23 July 2012, 08:45,
(23 July 2012, 07:42)Hrusai Wrote: history of the human race ay? kinda reminds me of how different religions like to put their festivals or holy sites slap bang on top of the previous religions festival dates or holy sites, just like how most churches are on top of pagan holy sites, or jesus was actually born in may or something Tongue

your so right there, Pagan sites and holy days have been taken over by the christians and called something else, if you go into a churchyard and there is a Yew tree in the grounds, you know it was a Pagan holy site before that, Yew tree's are sacred.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 July 2012, 08:56,
reminds me of one of the most fabulous churches i've ever been to, and its only a few minutes away from me, i think it holds the title of smallest church in england and its near melbury bubb, but its amazing, theres a river curving all the way round it, theres meant to be half a dozen springs in the woods next to it, and theres this MASSIVE and really really gorgeous tree, im pretty sure its a yew tree, but it definately pre dates the church, but i love that whole place, both inside the church and outside of it the weight of worship is tangible, honestly you can feel that its been used as a place of worship! and next to the tree and inside the church have different feelings, im not a hippy kinda person but the feelings there are wonderful Smile

ill take some photo's next time i go there Smile

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=melbury....02,,0,4.5

thats it on google maps, starting on the road going down to it, the church is smaller than the house next to it!

and theres a picture of the church, the tree is just in the photo too

https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/20506130
24 July 2012, 18:01, (This post was last modified: 24 July 2012, 18:03 by HunterNurturer.)
(23 July 2012, 07:42)Hrusai Wrote: history of the human race ay? kinda reminds me of how different religions like to put their festivals or holy sites slap bang on top of the previous religions festival dates or holy sites, just like how most churches are on top of pagan holy sites, or jesus was actually born in may or something Tongue

It's not just the places either. Entire religions are just offshoots of older faiths Big Grin

Hell, almost every major event of Jesus' life is plagiarised from older religions Tongue

Horus (Egyptian 3000BC), Born on Dec 25th of a virgin, who became a teacher at 12 and had 12 disciples, performed miracles, was betrayed and crucified, was dead for 3 days and resurrected.
Mithra (Persian 1200BC) who was born of a virgin on Dec 25th, who had 12 disciples, performed miracles, was dead for 3 days until resurrection, and whose sacred day of worship was Sunday.
Dionysus (Greek 500BC) who was born of a virgin on Dec 25th, a travelling teacher who performed miracles (such as turning water into wine), and was resurrected after death.
Attis (Greek 1200BC) who was born of a virgin on Dec 25th, was crucified and placed in a tomb for 3 days after which he was resurrected.
Krishna (Indian 900BC) who was born of a virgin and whose birth was signalled by a star in the east, who performed miracles and was resurrected after death.
Oh, and greetings to Armoured Gideon from the Midlands Smile