Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival Shemagh
26 July 2012, 02:29,
Survival Shemagh
so we all know that bandanas have 101 uses in a survival situation, but often they are a bit small, so its always useful to have a larger bit of material handy, but often these can be cumbersome, and whilst general survival browsing i saw alot of places saying to use a shemagh instead of a bandana! but alot of people dont know how to tie them properly, so heres a quick guide

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-t.../?ALLSTEPS

also any instructions or novel uses for bandanas, and therefore by extension shemaghs, are welcome in this thread!
26 July 2012, 09:27,
RE: Survival Shemagh
have used bandanas for the last 30+ years as a handkerchief, as a scarf or over the mouth and nose on the motorbike, have got a shemagh in the cupboard somewhere but never got used to it, it always seemed to bunch up couldnt get on with it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2012, 09:34,
RE: Survival Shemagh
well the most important thing is just to go with whatever suits you best personally, if thats a bandana, then thats cool Smile
personally i like shemagh's nice and versatile, and because of the size i can use it for more things Smile it makes a great bag! very useful when im in a homemade hammock, i just tie it up on the rope holding the tarp up above me ...keeps the valuables off the wet ground and the stuff i need close at hand, not to mention all the other uses Big Grin