Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from the North East
15 October 2012, 10:25,
RE: Hello from the North East
(15 October 2012, 09:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: How did you find us?

NR

Googled 'UK Survival Forum' and did not go for the ones I have been lead to believe have miserable people running them Smile

The North East does indeed stop at the Tees, below that it is Yorkshire.
15 October 2012, 10:42,
(15 October 2012, 10:25)BDG Wrote: Googled 'UK Survival Forum' and did not go for the ones I have been lead to believe have miserable people running them Smile

The North East does indeed stop at the Tees, below that it is Yorkshire.

Hardy har har har har, ROTFLMBO you will fit right on in here BDG Smile
And your geography knowledge proves you are also a wise man Smile

15 October 2012, 10:59,
(15 October 2012, 09:13)BDG Wrote: Hello, I am BDG and I live in the North East of England. Recognise a few names here from a different place but this forum seems more layed back, relaxed and is more focused on where I am geographically.

What am I preparing to survive, or what do I think will happen? Everything and nothing, civil disorder, beef at £5/lb and so on.

What do I do about this? Little bit of land, grow fruit and veg, few chickens, big greenhouse, old, easy to maintain 4x4, bit of food in the cupboards, dug a well but the main thing is knowledge and skills amassed from years of doing outdoor things and building / fixing things.

What do I want from the boards? Some where to come to comment and share things that may interest those here.

So hello everyone.
Hello m8-welcome. Hope u learn the profits I seek

he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
15 October 2012, 11:57,
(15 October 2012, 10:25)BDG Wrote: Googled 'UK Survival Forum' and did not go for the ones I have been lead to believe have miserable people running them Smile
Sounds like a bit of a compliment there. Smile

Welcome and hope you find what you are looking for. Good bunch on here now.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 October 2012, 12:39,
(15 October 2012, 11:57)Skean Dhude Wrote:

and then theres northernraider Tongue
didn't part of Durham used to be Yorkshire until 1974 !! how close to Yorkshire do you live NR ? Big Grin
15 October 2012, 13:13,
(15 October 2012, 12:39)Tigs Wrote:
(15 October 2012, 11:57)Skean Dhude Wrote:

and then theres northernraider Tongue
didn't part of Durham used to be Yorkshire until 1974 !! how close to Yorkshire do you live NR ? Big Grin

No mate TEESSIDE / CLEVELAND originated part from North Yorks and part from DURHAM, Middlesbrough Redcar, Thornaby, Yarm on the south side of the Tees were originally in Yorkshire. Hartlepool, Stockton, Billingham etc on the north bank were originally from Durham.

I think the nearest I get to north York would be straight down the A1 to Scotch Corner, North Yorks starts about there so about 30 miles away from Yorkshiristan Smile

15 October 2012, 16:33,
welcome to the site dude Smile
15 October 2012, 21:24,
Welcome

Nr your geography is spot on. Boro is technically no mans land
15 October 2012, 21:32,
(15 October 2012, 21:24)Metroyeti Wrote: Welcome

Nr your geography is spot on. Boro is technically no mans land

more like an uninhabitable Wasteland.

15 October 2012, 21:55,
welcome bdg from wales any jobs up there for a chippy thinking of making a comeback