Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The peasants (students) are revolting
21 November 2012, 10:55,
RE: The peasants (students) are revolting
(21 November 2012, 10:53)Barneyboy Wrote:
(21 November 2012, 10:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: Then Sir, I'll have nothing more to do with you, I cannot stand people who think they have no responsibility or obligations and can live off the efforts of others, I respect your beliefs of course but Sir you are everything I teach my children not to be.

oh dont be like that NR i think we are bonding

Cant afford to bond with you Barney, to busy working and paying masses of tax to keep you happy Smile

21 November 2012, 10:59, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2012, 11:04 by Barneyboy.)
(21 November 2012, 10:55)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(21 November 2012, 10:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: Then Sir, I'll have nothing more to do with you, I cannot stand people who think they have no responsibility or obligations and can live off the efforts of others, I respect your beliefs of course but Sir you are everything I teach my children not to be.

Cant afford to bond with you Barney, to busy working and paying masses of tax to keep you happy Smile

and dont think that me and my brothers and sisters aren't happy about that ,hang on you dont work you hurt your back
(21 November 2012, 10:59)Barneyboy Wrote:
(21 November 2012, 10:55)NorthernRaider Wrote:

and dont think that me and my brothers and sisters aren't happy about that ,hang on you dont work you hurt your back

i think you should come to one of my meating it will change you world
cant talk any more got to go to work ,got to pay my taxs to pay for the NHS bad back department Smile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 November 2012, 11:26,
(21 November 2012, 10:59)Barneyboy Wrote: i think you should come to one of my meating it will change you world
cant talk any more got to go to work ,got to pay my taxs to pay for the NHS bad back department Smile

Perhaps you should ask about an adult literacy course too.
21 November 2012, 11:37,
(21 November 2012, 11:26)BDG Wrote:
(21 November 2012, 10:59)Barneyboy Wrote: i think you should come to one of my meating it will change you world

Perhaps you should ask about an adult literacy course too.

do you mind this is a private chat BDG and is that the best you have got ,your going to have to do better than that try again pal
21 November 2012, 12:06,
Students always have something to complain about. Being a student is hard though, I am currently one. I have doing a years work of working placement, but before now, I used to spend all my spare time working trying to afford to eat and have somewhere to live then the rest of the time I have a crushing about of studying to do and projects to complete and essays to write for 4 years. All for a bit of paper saying I am qualified so I can work in the future and actually make some money.

If Scotland didn't have free education I wouldn't be able to do any of this.
Failure is always an option.
21 November 2012, 12:13, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2012, 12:23 by BDG.)
(21 November 2012, 11:37)Barneyboy Wrote: do you mind this is a private chat BDG and is that the best you have got ,your going to have to do better than that try again pal

I thought you had work to go to?

(21 November 2012, 12:06)Neuralsandwich Wrote: If Scotland didn't have free education I wouldn't be able to do any of this.

How so? My brother is at uni here in England. He works 30 hours a week, does not lead an extravagant lifestyle, gets by quite well.

As an employer, I would much rather employ someone who payed their own way, worked to put themselves through university and so on. University should not just be about a bit of paper saying you have a degree, during study, I would like to see a bit of self sacrifice. Learn what it is like not to have everything handed to you on a plate.

If you do not have time to work whilst at university because you are studying, I would seriously question if university is the best place for you to be, rather than say, screwing the lids on toothpaste tubes.

21 November 2012, 12:29,
It definitely is the best place. I don't lead an extravagant life, but the cost of living in a city near university take at least 60-70% of what I was earning. Part times jobs offered for students are minimum wage, so you end up having to live off of about 10'000 for the year, which needs to pay for everything rent is just over half of that. Add bills on top of that, it isn't great.

For my studies - Computing background - I need to be doing at least 40 hours of studying out side of the university and the projects on top of that. I manage to fit in about 20 hours of part time work.

I am currently working 9-5 on a placement which is helping this year. Bit of a break from it all.

Only have another year and a half to go to not too much of a big problem.
Failure is always an option.
21 November 2012, 12:37,
(21 November 2012, 12:13)BDG Wrote:
(21 November 2012, 11:37)Barneyboy Wrote: do you mind this is a private chat BDG and is that the best you have got ,your going to have to do better than that try again pal

I thought you had work to go to?

(21 November 2012, 12:06)Neuralsandwich Wrote: If Scotland didn't have free education I wouldn't be able to do any of this.

How so? My brother is at uni here in England. He works 30 hours a week, does not lead an extravagant lifestyle, gets by quite well.

As an employer, I would much rather employ someone who payed their own way, worked to put themselves through university and so on. University should not just be about a bit of paper saying you have a degree, during study, I would like to see a bit of self sacrifice. Learn what it is like not to have everything handed to you on a plate.

If you do not have time to work whilst at university because you are studying, I would seriously question if university is the best place for you to be, rather than say, screwing the lids on toothpaste tubes.

i do im the boss so i can do wot i wantExclamation
21 November 2012, 12:45, (This post was last modified: 21 November 2012, 12:48 by Straight Shooter.)
i did two building jobs ....seperate houses...first house 2 lads 19 year old and 21 year old ....watching their mother mow the lawn...i carried the mower down 16 steps to the inclined lawn....3 levels of lawn went back to work....they stood there drinking tea and munching toast.....i f..king ripped into the 2 of the bastards....single mum breaking her arse so they could go to uni pieces of shit! i marched the 2 f..kers down the steps ...and made mum a cupper..then ripped into her.... house no 2 15 year old and 17 year old lads watched their mother take the wheely bins down steps..past a garden that looked like somebody lopped a stun grenade into ....yeah went nuts again.....i walk around shaking my head these days...it don,t happen in our house
when i was 21 i had a trade wife 2 kids and a morgage
21 November 2012, 12:52,
(21 November 2012, 12:45)Straight Shooter Wrote: i did two building jobs ....seperate houses...first house 2 lads 19 year old and 21 year old ....watching their mother mow the lawn...i carried the mower down 16 steps to the inclined lawn....3 levels of lawn went back to work....they stood there drinking tea and munching toast.....i f..king ripped into the 2 of the bastards....single mum breaking her arse so they could go to uni pieces of shit! i marched the 2 f..kers down the steps ...and made mum a cupper..then ripped into her.... house no 2 15 year old and 17 year old lads watched their mother take the wheely bins down steps..past a garden that looked like somebody lopped a stun grenade into ....yeah went nuts again.....i walk around shaking my head these days...it don,t happen in our house
when i was 21 i had a trade wife 2 kids and a morgage
i started work at 15 straight out of school, got married at 20(wife no.1) by the time i was 23 had a house and mortgage.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.