Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
saves thinking quickly
8 December 2012, 12:40,
RE: saves thinking quickly
Expanding foam is also good for boyancy but remember for a boat you want it sitting in the water rather than on top. Too much boyancy is a bad thing.
8 December 2012, 12:56,
Just spoke with my neighbour who is into water skiing he says unsinkable water jet powered jet skis can cross the channel in 20 minutes or less with two passangers and towing a cargo raft !!!

8 December 2012, 13:02, (This post was last modified: 8 December 2012, 13:04 by Geordie_Rob.)
Nothing's unsinkable mate. Just ask the owners of the titanic Smile
They are bloody quick though.
One of my dads boats has a jet drive in it. It's like lightning. For a boat anyway
8 December 2012, 13:09,
(8 December 2012, 13:02)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Nothing's unsinkable mate. Just ask the owners of the titanic Smile
They are bloody quick though.

I dont know anything about jet skis but apparently the better ones float even after being completely submerged and I'm told they engine will fire up again even after being dunked !!!

Some young beach bums had some alloy and fibreglass floating boat hull shaped boxes made so they could take camping gear / fuel/ with them and ride their jetskis to their favourite remote haunts. The inside of the box is filled each end with buyancy foam and the box itself is watertight, its got lashing points on the top to fasten skis to during transport. I reckon at a push something like this could easily get folks across the channel or further if they take extra fuel with them. They would have to be good navigators though if they went any place other than Dover to Calais !!

8 December 2012, 13:15,
Easily do the channel etc.. They have been used many times from costa del crime to Africa & vice versa by drug runners for years.

I would love a jet ski. Just for messing around mind. Not for drug runs. Lol
8 December 2012, 13:24,
This thread reminds me of those two couples who plan to channel hop using microlights, one each with their bug out bags in the second seat of each craft !!

8 December 2012, 13:58,
I'm 80 miles from Norway- Plan E to bug out is to go to Kirkwall harbour and hitch/borrow a lift- quite a few boats there.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
8 December 2012, 17:15,
Be like me and get a grp bilge keel pocket-yacht.Goes ANYWHERE,sleeps 2 large people,occupies tiniest of backyard spaces,can be purchased for between £350- £1000.Also because of the twin keels it is great in 'drying' estuaries,unlike single keel yachts which obviously won't remain upright when tide goes out.Sails fairly close to the wind even without fore sail which is just too dangerous to use in narrow estuaries(too much happening too fast and flukey gusts) unless self-furling or similar.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
8 December 2012, 17:34,
i'm sorry i dont really understand this one, why is everyone leaving the country?? if one third have already left that leaves more space for the rest of us, imagine if 1 in every 3 people had left your area, would you also leave?? or would you just follow the herd and leave as well ??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 December 2012, 17:52,
The original scenario was some sort of chemical or nuke incident so I assume people would be leaving to get away from the danger zone.