Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rats
4 January 2013, 21:08,
RE: Rats
wire cage trap use chocky as bait. they get mega nasty when your close up to them with a air rifle in their face.
4 January 2013, 22:05,
Pub I worked at was near a river, council had the bright idea to flood the river so we got a rat problem. Was tasked with cleaning the garage, opened the door and one ran up the wall place was riddled with them. They had been living off a case of cans of coke. So the fizzy drinks trick is a myth im afraid.
5 January 2013, 00:34,
Scorched earth policy. Leave no survivors
Lol jk
One idea I've seen for mice (You could scale it up for rats) is to get a large coke bottle, cut off the top 1/4, and turn it upside down. Put food it the bottom, bury it up to its neck near their runs (Often along the bottom of walls etc) and wait.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
5 January 2013, 10:54,
thanks for all the replies, i think we will go for a wire cage as we will KNOW we have caught it rather than poison it and it crawls off somewhere to die where we might never see it, at least in a cage i can see it and then shoot it, i know its dead.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2013, 11:02,
(5 January 2013, 10:54)bigpaul Wrote: thanks for all the replies, i think we will go for a wire cage as we will KNOW we have caught it rather than poison it and it crawls off somewhere to die where we might never see it, at least in a cage i can see it and then shoot it, i know its dead.

If you have neighbours you dont like pop the newly captured rat through the letterbox. Alive ideally, but dead does send it's own kind of message
5 January 2013, 11:04,
(5 January 2013, 11:02)BeardyMan Wrote:
(5 January 2013, 10:54)bigpaul Wrote: thanks for all the replies, i think we will go for a wire cage as we will KNOW we have caught it rather than poison it and it crawls off somewhere to die where we might never see it, at least in a cage i can see it and then shoot it, i know its dead.

If you have neighbours you dont like pop the newly captured rat through the letterbox. Alive ideally, but dead does send it's own kind of message

i dont have any neighbours i dislike that much!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2013, 15:03,
You could do what I have seen done to Seagulls...and feed them soda, and wait untill they explode,.. when the soda mixes with the gut it expand.

........ or you could call the council, they have a legal duty to rid you of pests
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 January 2013, 15:09,
[/quote]

i dont have any neighbours i dislike that much!Big Grin
[/quote]

My mum used to post roadkill frogs that had dried in the sun through peoples letter boxes
5 January 2013, 16:24,
Maybe the old poaching trick for pheasants would work on rats; thread a horse hair in an S shape through a raisin. When the rat eats it, it should choke and die.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
5 January 2013, 16:28,
you lot really are nasty!!Smile all i'm going to do is catch it in a cage and shoot it but you lot...ugh!!Sleepy