Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....
6 January 2013, 18:15,

I have been suddenly summonsed to a "meeting" with my ops manager on Tuesday.

The "tone" of his email is not in it's usual feel......ExclamationDodgy

there has been a couple of things that just haven't felt right over the last couple of weeks so I'm making a prediction - I think I am going to be made "redundant" and this meeting will in fact be used as the first consultation meeting with a "view" to making me redundant.

This is in fact a ruse Angry and the actual term is a "bumped redundancy" because he can, by making me redundant, put thousands of pounds a year back in his own greedy pocket.

One side of his business is basically collapsing and by "manufacturing" my redundancy and bumping me (as a manager) and replacing me with a lower paid "supervisor" he was going to make redundant he gains literally 1000's a year to put in his greedy coffers.

He has got to be careful and play by the rules otherwise I could have a case for unfair/constructive dismissal but the fact still remains that I start the year with no future in this job - Happy New Year everyone - including my greedy conniving a/hole boss! One slip sonny boy and I'll have your guts for bow-strings.......

MA
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
6 January 2013, 18:19,
RE: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....
(6 January 2013, 18:15)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....

there has been a couple of things that just haven't felt right over the last couple of weeks so I'm making a prediction - I think I am going to be made "redundant" and this meeting will in fact be used as the first consultation meeting with a "view" to making me redundant.

This is in fact a ruse Angry and the actual term is a "bumped redundancy" because he can, by making me redundant, put thousands of pounds a year back in his own greedy pocket.

One side of his business is basically collapsing and by "manufacturing" my redundancy and bumping me (as a manager) and replacing me with a lower paid "supervisor" he was going to make redundant he gains literally 1000's a year to put in his greedy coffers.

He has got to be careful and play by the rules otherwise I could have a case for unfair/constructive dismissal but the fact still remains that I start the year with no future in this job - Happy New Year everyone - including my greedy conniving a/hole boss! One slip sonny boy and I'll have your guts for bow-strings.......

MA

"Take no prisoners" Mike!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin i've been made redundant 3 times so i know where your coming from!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 18:23,
(6 January 2013, 18:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 January 2013, 18:15)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: Just got wind of my own personal SHTF situation....

MA

"Take no prisoners" Mike!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin i've been made redundant 3 times so i know where your coming from!

This is my second time, the first was legit, this one is because he is an a/hole and doesn't know how to run a business...... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.
6 January 2013, 18:28,
(6 January 2013, 18:23)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: This is my second time, the first was legit, this one is because he is an a/hole and doesn't know how to run a business...... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

my first time was legit, but the other 2 were just the end of the contracts, they just called it redundancy.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2013, 18:36,
Best of luck, hope you get it sorted
6 January 2013, 18:44,
(6 January 2013, 18:28)bigpaul Wrote:
(6 January 2013, 18:23)MikeAlpha3041 Wrote: This is my second time, the first was legit, this one is because he is an a/hole and doesn't know how to run a business...... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

my first time was legit, but the other 2 were just the end of the contracts, they just called it redundancy.

This pure, unadulterated greed..... he has turned a lot of his "employees" in to self-employed contractors that he can "lay-off" as and when required and the few of us that can't be converted because of the contract, are being replace by lower paid "yes-men", either through "natural wastage" or contrivance........
6 January 2013, 19:43,
Well I wish you well on Tuesday, and hope you are wrong,... you never know, you might be in for a promotion..Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 January 2013, 19:44,
Dude, that's shit. Sorry mate.
6 January 2013, 20:41,
(6 January 2013, 19:43)Highlander Wrote: Well I wish you well on Tuesday, and hope you are wrong,... you never know, you might be in for a promotion..Smile

Thanks for the optimism but as we haven't had a rise (and in fact a pay cut!) in 7 years a promotion is absolutely not on the cards - a shafting yes, absolutely!!!!! AngryAngryAngry
6 January 2013, 20:59,
welcome to the real world mike... if he has no clue how to run his bizz as you say..well your better off out of it mate, he will fall sooner rather than later...its just survival HIS ..if the tables were turned ...what would you be doing ? ..to be honest ANY biz your in is SHIT right now, even the big boys are ALL on a knifes edge....you will see many fall in the next 4 months, that said i hope you get yourself sorted if it ends up bad news tuesday.....turn it to your advantage...come out fighting..... dig in and make sure you get your due..good luck mike