Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moneyweek article, The end of Britain, Economic collapse
6 January 2013, 21:32,
Moneyweek article, The end of Britain, Economic collapse
Very good article, some sort of extremely bad economic collapse is going to happen very soon.

http://www.moneyweek.com/endofbritain
6 January 2013, 22:37,
RE: Moneyweek article, The end of Britain, Economic collapse
Very interesting article. I'll be amending my pension next time I can and just getting the cash. I lost enough when Gordo raided the pension funds back in the 00's.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 January 2013, 23:15,
Its a well written piece, and I am sure that a lot of it is very true, and lots has happened and will happen,... but we have talked about it here, and we are not sure it would be that bad.

The piece seems to indicate that the UK would become worse than Greece, at least that is the way I read it, yet a country has to still make sure its population has enough to live on,.. otherwise the only benifactor the country has is going to die,....and that has never happened in the very worse depressions, be it here or abroad.

..... having said that, I do believe that this country is due for some very rough years ahead, the dept cant go on and we are going to suffer greatly, no longer are we `great` we are simply the UK,...and a very poor UK at that

You have to also see that at the end of the artical, the authors are trying to get you to buy their magazine
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 January 2013, 23:32,
And now for the solution...

http://www.ukcolumn.org/article/bankers-...tern-front

Cheers Juice.
walk outside the box
7 January 2013, 00:48,
I have to admit here that I read the first artical and enjoyed it,.. but this last one was a bit heavy, so didnt bother beyond the first quarter
7 January 2013, 11:21,
This article has been going for a while. The End of Britain.

It'll be interesting to watch this all happen.

I've been on about silver since when it was back at $9 an ounce. Again when it was $12 an ounce. It's now around $25 an ounce, and I'm still on about it. Gold is out of most people's price range, so I'm pushing silver for people to look into (at their own risk and from their own research. This information is for entertainment purposes only....said for legal reasons). But seriously, a near tripling in value and still many of my close friends have not paid attention. If you could afford to get £10 a month, that would be able to buy a bit of silver. Then in a few years, at £10 a month, you'll end up with £240 (£10 a month for 2 years, 24 months) worth of silver, right? Wrong!!! Silver, following on from it's trend, will be increasing for a while (I see a peak in 2016-2018) and will mean that your initial £10 purchase will be valued more like £17. Yes I know, £7 isn't much. But if you offered a 70% increase in value, would you take it? In 5 years I've OVER doubled my money with gold and silver, and so have my friends that have listened, and the value keeps rising year on year.

Interestingly, a friend of mine came up with a brilliant tip. He noted that many small ran antique stores sell antiques. They don't know much about precious metals. I got a bunch of 6 silver folks for £0.50 each. They are about 1.25oz each, meaning the metal value is over $30 (currently about £20), so you're looking at an out going of £3.00 with an instant increase in value to over £120!!! That's a fricking awesome return on investment!

Anyone complaining about not being able to get precious metals is simply wasting time. These kinds of deals will be over by the time 50 people read this! You can literally get 1 cutlery item, sell it as silver and use that to buy the other pieces!

Beware of the silver plated ones!!! They're a waste.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 January 2013, 13:48,
The one problem with silver, is that not all silver is pure silver,... is there a way of know about a piece we buy?, is there a way of smelting and removing what is not silver? or doesnt it matter

I am not sure if sliver would be good up here, I think after an event, different areas of the country would revert back to the ways that area lived in days of old.

I this part of the country there would have been very little gold or silver if any, not many outsiders would make there way into the remote Highlands, we would probably go back to the old crofting/settlement days
7 January 2013, 15:00,
(7 January 2013, 13:48)Highlander Wrote: The one problem with silver, is that not all silver is pure silver,... is there a way of know about a piece we buy?, is there a way of smelting and removing what is not silver? or doesnt it matter

Look for silver marks. The quality of the silver is pretty easy to work out. A couple of months of half hearted research will provide enough info for that. You can get silver sent off to be made into coins/ingots. Some places will even accept a percent of the silver as payment for the smelting. Getting 99.99 is good. Some coins are 99.999 which is awesome! Industrial grade....that is where the biggest value is, in my opinion.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 January 2013, 15:36,
Thank you Scythe13
7 January 2013, 16:50,
The article is a little shaky I feel - it is little more than a blueprint for how a financial collapse might happen - I would expect the same from a GCSE Business Studies essay. It offers no time frame, it offers no trigger point and comes across as exactly what it is and can be seen in hundreds of other places on the internet - an advert to get you to sign up to something.

Now, here are my three tips to protect yourself in the even of an economic collapse:

1. Buy a farm or large small holding where you can grow the majority of you own food, cut enough firewood for fuel for the home and stick on some renewables and get a large battery bank.

2. Build a barn around three full sized shipping containers - one full of canned goods, one full of clothing and one full of toiletries, hygiene items and first aid supplies.

3. Ensure you have means to defend yourself legally.

As for precious metals, if the situation plays out as in the article, it is quite clear the Govt would control the monetisation of the metals - making them worth what ever the Govt deems. You can bet you hat the Govt will value them lower in country than they are worth out country so the Govt can make a profit on their trade - that is unless you find yourself in the unlikely scenario of being able to trade with some Ragnar Danneskjöld type chap.

They have their place for dealing with certain situations such as GTFO during war or civil disorder or as a base of trade in situations WROL, but I would rather have a steel knife then than a silver one...