Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up to all north east preppers
24 January 2013, 11:18,
Heads up to all north east preppers
I doubt any of you will fall for it, but give a heads up to family and friends.

Had a man knock on the door yesterday (seen him in the area before with a works van, im good with remembering faces Big Grin) Had a high vis, and a works fleece.

He claimed the council were funding his company to skim all the houses in the area and if you had a back boiler, you might be entitled to a new one. I live in private rental and have never heard of the council helping any one out, especialy someone who isnt one of there tenants.
To top it all off he didnt have a clip board, just a notepad and pen, then he asks for your name, number and national insurance.

Went to the council office to ask about it, had to see an advisor who didnt seem abit interested, and all he said is the council arnt doing anywork in the area. The lady at the reception desk asked what happened, she wasnt impressed when i told her what the advisor had said, and said it needed to be reported to her boss.
24 January 2013, 12:07,
RE: Heads up to all north east preppers
typical....thats one guy that does not deserve the job he,s in
24 January 2013, 12:08,
we dont deal with anyone on the doorstep..without an appointment, we have a notice on the door saying as such.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2013, 12:32,
I only answered because i was leaving the house, never answer the door normaly as I dont invite anyone to the house
24 January 2013, 17:41,
i find an arrow five foot above the head is........ most disconcerting.....no words required
24 January 2013, 20:28,
Warm front grants are provided through the local authority and even if you are in private rented accommodation, you can still be eligible. However, a man going door to door taking names and NINO's on a notepad - LOL.
24 January 2013, 20:36,
No-one wants to come through my gate after they see my German Shepherds,... I have no idea why???
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 January 2013, 21:26,
But pebbledashing the houses, is that realy going to insulate the house I would rather get double glazing. Unfortunatly people like this will be looking for people they can catch off gaurd or the elderly.
24 January 2013, 23:21,
It's these type of people the police ask you to report. If he is innocent then I'm sure he wouldn't mind being asked a couple of questions by a copper.
24 January 2013, 23:35, (This post was last modified: 24 January 2013, 23:37 by Metroyeti.)
Guy at the council was fucking useless, I was saying do you want me to report it to the police? He said no, then changed his mind. Didnt seem to understand what I was saying to him,

Must be hard speaking english as your second language and getting dumped in north shields, lady at reception was alot more switchwd on