Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We Are Being Manipulated. V2
2 February 2013, 13:35,
© 2013 Northern Raider

Face facts we are being manipulated by the establishment, simply look at the media and government hype being spoon fed to us en-masse.
From kids games like Fallout 3 and Bordertown, both mass market hyper popular games that depict a post-apocalyptic world ruined by god knows what being used to slyly adjust our young’s hopes and aspirations for a good future. Look at the hype and pressure from the climate change / global warming industry, not a day goes by without dire warnings of inevitable doom about flooding, drought, over population, over extraction of water, desertification, drought, hyper storms etc all used as excuses to drive up taxes, restrict travel, drive us out of our vehicles and to force us to expect much harsher and poorer standards of living in the future.

Look at the movie media world, over recent years movies about disasters, TEOTWAWKI and The Apocalypse have been trotted out to an ever more alarmed public. From movies like THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, To 2012, to The Book of Eli, to THE ROAD, right across to the city gangsta genre that depict dark dangerous poverty stricken cities dominated by extremely violent gangs while the minority of decent folk live in almost siege like conditions. All are being used to erode and degrade our expectations, hopes and aspirations.

If we move forward from the mass doom and gloom media hype to the real news articles that focus on the rise of Islam and its hatred of the western culture system, stories of tens of thousands of illegal immigrants from all corners of the world finding ways into the EU and creating a violent underworld and underclass living in our cities and preying on the ordinary people.

The papers feed us almost daily stories about the rich getting ever richer at the same time they become more isolated from mainstream society as they move into gated and walled communities. Billions are spent bailing out banks using tax payer’s money in one newspaper they report that the total cost could be £830,000,000,000 used to support the banks while their staff in turn still get multi million pound bonuses.

But the same UK government cannot find £50 million to save Rover cars, or find £30 million to save the steel plant at Corus Redcar.
The working class northern county of Cumbria has been promised £1 million pounds in emergency government funds to help clean up after the devastating floods, (that’s 1/3 of the cost of replacing one of the destroyed bridges), Yet the same week the government promises over £600 million in aid to India !!!.

The government cannot afford to give both the east and west of northern England a high speed rail link tween Scotland and London, but can afford £12 Billion to build the cross Thames rail link. We are being set up for a big fall.

The straight undeniable fact is the good times (Sic) are coming to an end and all the powers that be, and the " establishment" can do is to tip us off subliminally that all hell is likely to break loose, whilst they of course take steps to protect themselves from the collapse and the backlash from us.

The simple truth is we are outbreeding our resources at an alarming rate, entire countries are being laid waste by desertification and soil erosion caused by over farming and slash n burn agriculture, All compounded by those same people still breeding like mad even though they have been in drought for at least the last 7 years and only existing on UN food aid programs. The problem for us in the western nations is that after they have ruined their homelands they are upping sticks and heading towards Europe, Oz, NZ, Canada and the US expecting us to take them in, house, feed and finance them in our already over extended societies.

We are rapidly dividing into two separate societies on separate levels, those with plans for tomorrow and those living for now. Those with the drive to insulate themselves and those expecting the state to care for them, those wanting to protect their families and quality of life and those choosing to predate on the former. I note that whilst the government is encouraging people to relocate into the cities by centralising public services they ruling elite themselves are actually moving out to safer more secure rural locations, clearly getting the sheeple all living in close proximity makes it easier to control them. That now rurally located ruling elite are now in total control of the food supplies, water systems, power grids etc and the city dwellers become ever more dependent on the beneficence of that all controlling ruling elite safely ensconced in their rural estates.

Either way it’s clear by watching the various media and government sources that we are being set up for a big fall, so get ready and prepare for hard times or you will lose out.
NR

2 February 2013, 16:08,
RE: We Are Being Manipulated. V2
Another great post, 100% cock on...fresh air..at last
2 February 2013, 16:21,
i have said for a long time now that there are just too many people on the planet and there are certainly too many people on this tiny little island, but if you say anything about it the Sheeple shout about their "rights", well i dont know about that, having kids is a priviledge not a right! if for any reason we could not import all this food from the other side of the world but had to be self sufficient we would only be able to feed a fraction of the population, about 16 million the other 46+million would STARVE! makes sense then to have food stocks and to be able to grow some of your own food dosent it??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 February 2013, 18:09,
What does (sic) mean? Seen it in a few things now and dont have the foggiest.

Great post
2 February 2013, 18:11,
sort of like "tongue in cheek".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 February 2013, 18:31,
Did I read a solution in there anywhere?
2 February 2013, 18:46,
(2 February 2013, 18:31)Mortblanc Wrote: Did I read a solution in there anywhere?
WEAPONISED BIRD FLUE...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
3 February 2013, 00:24,
The 600million to India will have interest, and should be a part of the solution to getting out of debt. The majority of the aid given isn't given freely. We're led to believe it is, but it isn't.

As for the erosion of kids hopes and dreams, we're just as guilty for allowing kids to watch/play such things. It's the role of the parent to stop their kids playing those kinds of games and watching that kind of program/film. Granted the average societal family doesn't care enough. However, as preppers, do we not owe it to our children to strive for more than the media shows?

If a prepper has a child that loves their xbox or PS3, then the kid plays those kinds of games, it's wrong for the parent to speak about the negativity of the game. That's true of all things though. If a prepper says about how wrong it is for the rich to have all the money, the prepper is conditioning the child to think ill of having lots of money, so the child is conditioned to be poor to middle class. It's a cycle that we either stop complaining about, of find a solution that MB asked for.

As preppers, should we be worryingly watching the news and high-lighting the bad bits, or should we be busy out teaching those we care about? We as preppers, are dangerously in need to be cautious of what we tell children, especially our own. Imagine it, your annoyed about a kid playing a post-apoc game, but then tell them all about how bad it is Muslims are taking over, or how the world will come to an end, or any such thing. We're working a similar angle to that cycle, but coming at it thinking we're doing the right thing.

We walk about pessimistically viewing the world, but we don't add benefit to others lives, or add encouragement to our kids (if we're so absorbed into the negative aspects of the world).

As much as it's probably all true NR, I'd add to the end of the piece, a few simple words of encouragement.
Things like, taking the kids away from the XBox and getting them out camping, out playing with BB guns. A walk in the woods showing them natural food they can eat. Out on the bikes for a ride. Out for a drive to a new area then a hike home. Shelter building fun (what kids don't like to build dens?). Out shooting or with the bow and arrow.

Watch lots of films about fairy tales. Kids know the good guys don't always win, in reality. But at least they'll recognise that that's how it should be. They'll be more inclined to seek a better future if they're brought up believing it is possible, instead of being fed with TSHTF fear, and a concern that TEOTWAWKI is near at hand, if they are nurtured in a way that focuses on the positive things.

I'm not saying a single person on here is a bad parent! Please note that. But also note how your prepping effects the child's mindset. If they're camping because they're scared of TEOTWAWKI, then that's no better than watching a zombie film. Same as learning how to kill and skin a rabbit can be fun, exciting, and educational, or it can be fear mongering about how a SHTF scenario will let them know they'll NEED to learn these skills or they'll die!!!

Prep and make it fun. Teach and make it fun. Encourage and make it true.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 February 2013, 11:33,
(2 February 2013, 18:31)Mortblanc Wrote: Did I read a solution in there anywhere?

No Sir, just highlighting part of the problem, our only real world feasable and practical options are to live as much as we can off-grid and be self reliant. If they cannot see us on this system and we dont have anything they want, and we pose no threat to them they MAY ignore us and focus on the sheeple.

Source and grow our own food and fuel, make bio diesel, heat and cook using wood or charcoal or home made methane, dont use credit cards, dont have gun licences, dont be in a trade union or political party ( says me who just joined UKIP !!!) Its they cant see you they cannot affect you.

3 February 2013, 11:49, (This post was last modified: 3 February 2013, 11:50 by Prepper1.)
(3 February 2013, 11:33)NorthernRaider Wrote:

No Sir, just highlighting part of the problem, our only real world feasable and practical options are to live as much as we can off-grid and be self reliant. If they cannot see us on this system and we dont have anything they want, and we pose no threat to them they MAY ignore us and focus on the sheeple.

Source and grow our own food and fuel, make bio diesel, heat and cook using wood or charcoal or home made methane, dont use credit cards, dont have gun licences, dont be in a trade union or political party ( says me who just joined UKIP !!!) Its they cant see you they cannot affect you.

Something we need to watch is the fact in the u.s. tptb are going after on a regular basis people who are trying to be self sufficient.

The recent case where a man was banned from collecting rain water falling on his property, the case where the family growing veg in there garden, it was ripped up.

Theres thousands more cases all the time over there, how long before they focus attention on us?

Not long in my opinion, imagine a mass shooting over here or some such thing by a british "prepper"

we all know how much more draconian our government is than the u.s.

The way mass shooters recently are always preppers or survivalist types...

Roul moat over here... survivalist...

Imagine how fast the press would focus on preppers here if that happened.

Remember, now is not the time to be known as a prepper.

I really think now's the time to alter the name on the site BEFORE something happens here in the uk.

All the papers will do if something goes on here is type in survival in the search bar... survival uk pops up quite quickly...

Makes you think.....

I know we're not a gung ho type of site anyway, BUT you know what they are like... knee jerk reaction to the sheeples bleats.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...