Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepping, starting to change my mind
8 February 2013, 16:05, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2013, 16:20 by Highlander.)
RE: Prepping, starting to change my mind
Well we landed up where we are now with a single thought to survival or prepping, it was many, many years before we even heard about this.

but as far as we view things, we must agree that we in about as perfect a place as we could be,..if there is such a perfect spot.

If you eve want a help in finding places NR, if you could give a rough figure, I would be very willing to send you any number of properties as and when they come onto the market,.. we do have some great out of the way places,.. and I bet I could even get you a job

this one is still for sale just down the road,..lol..Smile

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-...57DA9CC889

We were once on the Welsh border, but found that it was starting to get very busy, Bracken is from Glasgow, and used to work up this way in Mallaig years ago,..so it was the clearly the place to start looking

I wish I had the land, a farm would be perfect, you could all bring your caravans,... now that would make a great preppers community,... think of the skills we would have between us
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 February 2013, 16:26,
Ta very muchly, £365 is WAY out of our price range nice spot though, realistically its more than likely we will remain in Co durham but just move further inland perhaps up towards Alston

8 February 2013, 17:40,
Well Il let you all in on my plans which are almost complete, my house is on the market hopefully to be sold soon, if not it will be rented out, I have found a little farmhouse a few miles outside of inverness which is quite secluded but close enough to inverness for shops, schools, etc and i cant wait!!! :-)
8 February 2013, 19:06, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2013, 19:08 by Highlander.)
(8 February 2013, 17:40)Madgirl151 Wrote: Well Il let you all in on my plans which are almost complete, my house is on the market hopefully to be sold soon, if not it will be rented out, I have found a little farmhouse a few miles outside of inverness which is quite secluded but close enough to inverness for shops, schools, etc and i cant wait!!! :-)

Good for you,..I wish you well, I am sure you will love it there

Its ok NR,.. I wasnt posting that like thinking that you might by,...just that it is there and for sale,.. but there are others costing a lot less if you do want a hand
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 February 2013, 19:27,
Good Luck and happy new home Madgirl

Hl twill be a while before we move again and the boss fancies weardale !!!

8 February 2013, 20:15,
Thanks NR and HL, its something i have been wanting to do for a long time and though i would prefer to be further north west, near inverness would do for now!!! The house im hoping for has an aga in the kitchen, hopefully in about a month il be moving and the kids are stoked too, it means we will be far enough away from people to try learning and then teaching the kids to shoot air rifles/crossbows and bows plus maybes keep chooks and grow some stuff too, im getting really excited lol
8 February 2013, 20:20,
Plenty of off-gridders and preppers around Findhorn bay area including the eco village.

8 February 2013, 20:57,
(8 February 2013, 20:15)Madgirl151 Wrote: Thanks NR and HL, its something i have been wanting to do for a long time and though i would prefer to be further north west, near inverness would do for now!!! The house im hoping for has an aga in the kitchen, hopefully in about a month il be moving and the kids are stoked too, it means we will be far enough away from people to try learning and then teaching the kids to shoot air rifles/crossbows and bows plus maybes keep chooks and grow some stuff too, im getting really excited lol

Sounds amazing wish i could come withBig Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
8 February 2013, 21:27,
LOL Thanks Falcon, any help would be grand ta :-)
8 February 2013, 22:18,
http://uniquepropertybulletin.co.uk/
Some nice looking properties here, well worth a look
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8