Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How UNsafe is our food ( Beef lasagne is 99% horse)
8 February 2013, 10:28,
RE: How UNsafe is our food ( Beef lasagne is 99% horse)
no problem with horse meat i have eaten worse thing while in the army , for me the thing is what else is in there like phenylbutazone an animal painkiller linked to harmful effects, including potentially causing cancer, in humans. or animal hormones
8 February 2013, 10:52,
(7 February 2013, 21:18)Madgirl151 Wrote: In all fairness it's not just lazy people who buy ready meals, sometimes single parents who work full time and spend an hour travelling each way then have to do home works and bathe their kids and get them into bed on time as well as doing all the housework plus the little bits of prepping they can fit in and then all they can be bothered to do is have a quick ready meal

Sorry but I don't buy that. If these people can't find 15 minutes to knock up a healthy meal from scratch and buy the shit from the supermarkets then I have no sympathy. You can get meals ready to go from most farm shops! No prep time needed, just cooking.

There really is no excuse for buying this tripe from the supermarkets - people don't seem to realise that these "ready" meals are made as cheaply as possible, what kind of food would you expect for £1 for a meal??

Also, when it says 99% horse, I guarantee it's not a prime cut of Mr Ed, it'll still be the connective tissue shit you get in all processed food.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys, or horse in this case.
8 February 2013, 12:16,
This whole episode is giving me a lovely warm smug glow all over. For years I have been telling people to buy locally from your old fashioned Butchers and Greengrocers, and not to trust mass handled food, but noooo the sheep follow the herd. If any good is to come out this it will be that some of those sheeple might wake up now and start to think, even better starve these corporations by refusing to buy their goods.
I live in hopeBig Grin
8 February 2013, 12:25,
(8 February 2013, 12:16)Tartar Horde Wrote: This whole episode is giving me a lovely warm smug glow all over. For years I have been telling people to buy locally from your old fashioned Butchers and Greengrocers, and not to trust mass handled food, but noooo the sheep follow the herd. If any good is to come out this it will be that some of those sheeple might wake up now and start to think, even better starve these corporations by refusing to buy their goods.
I live in hopeBig Grin
this is what i have been saying for many years too, we buy good quality meat from farm shops and smallholders, non of this supermarket floor scrapings and "mechanically rescued meat" rubbish, its better to pay a little more and have smaller helpings of the quality stuff than to have huge helpings of the crap stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2013, 13:29,
Funny how things influence your thoughts.
I was watching Martin Clunes on t.v. last night, about getting working horses for his farm.
He went to the u.s. to an Amish farm where they breed big and I mean big working horses...

All I could think about was how many burgers you'd get per horse.....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
11 February 2013, 11:34,
My problem is the food fraud.

plus you never know what you get with mass produced meat.
Raw ingredients- such as mince- have been found to contain horse.
Heck, evn local butchers are cashing in by selling un-checked horse meat under the counter.
TBH, if I pay for beef, i expect beef.
question everything or believe anything
11 February 2013, 11:43,
They say " There is NO health issue" BUT they cannot even say what animal it is that is in the food and then surely they cannot say what drugs, steriods, diseases etc the creature had been treated to?

11 February 2013, 11:44,
It's a great wake-up call. Hopefully people will heed it. It illustrates just how blindly dependent most of us are on "the system". This doesn't just go for food supply, but energy, water, waste-management, fuel, financial transactions, etc. I'm not suggesting each and every one of us should reject the system and aim to be self-sufficient, but maybe we should question more.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
11 February 2013, 11:49,
i think about half the people that eat ready meals may think again and start cooking real food, the other half dont give a shit and will continue to eat this crap cos they've havent a clue how to cook.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 February 2013, 15:15,
(8 February 2013, 09:34)Scythe13 Wrote: Heard a report on BBC Radio4 saying......one companies beef lasagne was 60%-100% horse meat! I'd be well annoyed about that!!! What about the pasta bits?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AND THE CHEESE!!!! WHAT ABOUT MY CHEESE????!?!??!!!!!!!

Well the cheese is mascapone "mask a pony"

True, how can they know for sure that it's safe if you don't know what meat it is.

Given up on supermarket meat anyway, getting better value at the butchers, also he knows the suppliers' farms none of this Poland/Romania to France to Luxembourg to Tesco rubbish.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.