Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area
12 February 2013, 15:37,
RE: Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area
(12 February 2013, 15:32)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 February 2013, 15:31)bigpaul Wrote: just imagine all the unburied dead in a place like Londonistan! whats the population these days? 7, 8million? imagine a die-off of say even 25% and thats a VERY low guesstimate, so thats what 2 million corpses to deal with? dosent bear thinking about does it. not trying to prove anything-this is just me thinking out loud!

Better stock up on Pot Pourri Tongue

i'm just glad i'm 250 miles from that place, can you imagine the stench of 2 million rotting corpses!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2013, 15:41,
(12 February 2013, 15:37)bigpaul Wrote:
(12 February 2013, 15:31)bigpaul Wrote: just imagine all the unburied dead in a place like Londonistan! whats the population these days? 7, 8million? imagine a die-off of say even 25% and thats a VERY low guesstimate, so thats what 2 million corpses to deal with? dosent bear thinking about does it. not trying to prove anything-this is just me thinking out loud!

i'm just glad i'm 250 miles from that place, can you imagine the stench of 2 million rotting corpses!!Big Grin

Can't be much worse than getting on the tube in the summer.

I've got a job interview on Friday, central London, right next to Regents Park. Wonder if I'll make it all the way their with my gas mask on...
12 February 2013, 15:51,
(12 February 2013, 15:41)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 February 2013, 15:37)bigpaul Wrote:

Can't be much worse than getting on the tube in the summer.

I've got a job interview on Friday, central London, right next to Regents Park. Wonder if I'll make it all the way their with my gas mask on...

watch out for the zombies on the tube! rather you than me!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2013, 18:52,
Talking about the daad bodies i remember my college classes on how the governement took control in emergencies. we were given a map and a scenario. Places like stadiums, abandoned warehouses and esspecially ice rinks because they are cold would be used for bodies.
12 February 2013, 18:57,
(12 February 2013, 18:52)SecretPrepper Wrote: Talking about the daad bodies i remember my college classes on how the governement took control in emergencies. we were given a map and a scenario. Places like stadiums, abandoned warehouses and esspecially ice rinks because they are cold would be used for bodies.

would be interested what your college classes said about this, personally i dont think our govt(of any party) could organise the proverbial "party" (well it begins with PBig Grin) in a brewery!Big Grin
12 February 2013, 19:00, (This post was last modified: 12 February 2013, 19:00 by Ghost.)
Here's what I'm wondering.....If a city is hit by a pandemic and the die off is slow but high then surely most of the bodies would be dealt with until the crematoriums and graveyards could no longer be manned?

And the powers that be may even start mass cremations or burials until they run out of man power
Respect existence or expect resistance!
12 February 2013, 19:05,
(12 February 2013, 19:00)Ghost Wrote: Here's what I'm wondering.....If a city is hit by a pandemic and the die off is slow but high then surely most of the bodies would be dealt with until the crematoriums and graveyards could no longer be manned?

And the powers that be may even start mass cremations or burials until they run out of man power

depends how long the crematorium workers decide to hang around, if there is a lot of disease they may well leg it! i expect TPTB to be very slow in their initial response(as usual) by which time you will have a huge backlog before they even remotely get their asses in gear!
12 February 2013, 19:07,
It's the boiling frog scenario again. I'm sure most of the burial workers would be happy to get the overtime in their pay packet...
Respect existence or expect resistance!
12 February 2013, 20:04,
Note how the Govt managed to completely screw up the mass slaughter of millions of cattle and sheep in the F & M / BSE crisis now imagine how screwed up it will e when its millions of bodies rotting not all gathered together in fields but in millions of houses, flats, dying rooms, medical centres, hositals, homes, refugee camps etc etc

12 February 2013, 20:50,
up till may 2009 i was an undertaker for a long time and when that avian bird flu pandemic was predicted we all got official letters /faxes of HM gov to say how we should deal with the extra bodies that they were expecting....the guidelines said we should not have the pomp and ceremony of a normal funeral and instead have the direct to crem approach.....missing out a church service ...then on with the next....more like a taxi rank scenario and back for the next pick up/fare.......we were already vacinnated for blood borne diseases any way but would be given extra top up shots.....also embalming of the dead was discouraged as it meant higher risk of contamination etc...i know for a fact the funeral industry would not be able to cope regardless and have recently returned to the "death industry" and can tell you its been flat out 24/7 work and demand is huge with no sign of let up...ev en though this is a busy time of year between nov and feb/march.....its crazy...... there has been a surge in the uk mortality rate with that novo virus and gov flu things !! de-population ???? so id say mass burial/burnings with bulldozers on a huge scale if TSHTF..........and the wages the crem and undertakers were on they would give them the two fingers to the bosses in a short time......a reason i left funerals was the diseases you encountered at work and the paranoia of taking it back to my family ......on my shoes suit/lungs or the like......scary bugs to be pouring down sluices that get back into the water system