Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Watchmen"
26 February 2013, 20:55,
RE: "The Watchmen"
(26 February 2013, 19:33)Metroyeti Wrote: People being people we can use this to our advantage, its not like were going to be dealing with soldiers behind enemy lines post shtf, just people in crap clothing, old trainers and desperate for food.

This is a strange comment,.... there are many preppers who are ex soldiers, so why would there not be soldiers or ex soldiers coming at you from the other side..... military or ex military would be the ones I would most expect to survive,...so you may well be up against trained personal,...or possibly sheeple lead by quadies
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 February 2013, 10:19,
with the redundancies that are happening in the British army these days, i think the chances of falling over a soldier post SHTF(especially OUTSIDE of a city) are going to be very remote, any of them left after an event are going to be either looking after their families or looking after TPTB in London !
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 17:02,
One never knows what will happen in a total breakdown, but I do know the tendencies of troops in operating units. They tend to stick together and operate as a unit.

Rather than disperse to take care of their individual families they might choose to move their families into the unit umbrella for protection by the unified force.

American Soldiers are encouraged to keep their families "on base" here in the States so they will know their loved ones are under the support system while they are deployed.

A charasmatic and foreward thinking unit leader would have no problem keeping a small portion of his force in operation with enough efficiency to keep his small town (military base) intact through almost any contingency.
28 February 2013, 17:46,
(28 February 2013, 17:02)Mortblanc Wrote: One never knows what will happen in a total breakdown, but I do know the tendencies of troops in operating units. They tend to stick together and operate as a unit.

Rather than disperse to take care of their individual families they might choose to move their families into the unit umbrella for protection by the unified force.

American Soldiers are encouraged to keep their families "on base" here in the States so they will know their loved ones are under the support system while they are deployed.

A charasmatic and foreward thinking unit leader would have no problem keeping a small portion of his force in operation with enough efficiency to keep his small town (military base) intact through almost any contingency.
that i think is possible in this country too, but given the (low) numbers that are currently being run down in the British Army i think they wont roam far from their barracks/married quarters, which leaves a lot of small towns and rural areas to look after themselves without any outside interference.
which is fine by me!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 March 2013, 22:18,
theres bound to be a few dissed ex soldiers that can round up a group and organise them.
These groups would grow as others joined or died.
some of them may even join up with preppers and help start the begginings of new communitys.
its easier to start rebuilding a future when you have security, and security usually comes from large groups.
who knows, anything is possible when dealing with the unkown.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
2 March 2013, 10:53,
trouble with joining a group-any group no matter what their make up- is that you are joining a load of STRANGERS...who do you know who to trust? i couldnt sleep in that situation for fear of getting a knife in the back and all my stuff stolen! better to be a lone wolf or a small family group than leave myself open to that sort of thing. maybe other people are more trusting...but you know the old prepper saying" if you dont know them, havent worked with them, havent spent time with them...then DONT trust them!"
2 March 2013, 11:24,
trust is going to be the hardest thing in the world.
its gonna take an awfull lot of trust to get me to poke my head out and take that risk.
not that im untrusting, more for the reasons bigpaul said.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
2 March 2013, 14:40,
1. TRUST will be in very short supply post SHTF, probably non existent.. 2. if in doubt trust no one(then you wont be surprised when they let you down).3. err on the side of caution.
2 March 2013, 16:40,
Im trying to find people with suitable skills, if a event happens I can throwthem a lifeline and help them out, if they take it, yes its an extra mouth to feed but theres skills are invaluble. If they dont want help im being the lone wolf.
2 March 2013, 17:03,
I gave up on expanding my group further than natural choices IE new members to my family or new friends, seeking preppers directly failed for me, its actually worked out for the best because now only inteligent and driven preppers approach me because THEY want to cooperate ratherr than ME looking for other preppers with similar outlook to myyself and ending up disappointed.