Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
8 April 2013, 19:57,
SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
Okay what do you fear most, given current national or world events , do you feel we are getting closer to wtshtf events , or moving away from it . Are you relaxed in your prepping or are you more focused , how do your views reflect on how you plan your preps, how far down the track are you with your preparations, how strong or weak are your preps ....as newbies how do you prioritise "what to get first and what comes last" ....there is no need for long replies on stuff we cannot do anything about its about How you prep and why and does a story in the news ( main media or not ) divert you in the way you prepare..... answers may seem easy and obvious given why we are on this forum to start with, but what is the consensus
8 April 2013, 20:24,
RE: SO WHATS THE CONSENSUS OF OPINION
Personally, my concern is economic breakdown, probably when the Eurozone/EU implodes. If the US goes down the tubes as well all hell is going to break loose, and it doesn't look too great over there (so my friends tell me).

Personally, I can't influence anything, so will be found pottering in the garden and encouraging my hens to lay as much as possible.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 April 2013, 20:28,
An interesting and difficult to answer post ,but its as simple as this, what I feel am prepping for and fear most is a complete economical collapse, and/or full on SHTF. I think I am fairly relaxed because I am focussed. My preps have room for improvement but as time moves forwards so does my planning and preps. This web site and the help, and advice I have received has helped my plans, my biggest effort in prepping has been in food storage and this has generally been first priority, then shelter, medical and first aid. I feel that the world is not improving from a preppers point of view and the situation in Cyprus made me sit up and take more notice and, go and do some of the things/prepps I had been putting off. The 2014 potential influx from Bulgaria and any other countries into our overfull country is a big concern but as my prepps grow so does my confidence and with this my will to survive and thrive.
8 April 2013, 20:34,
I don't know if any of you agree with me, but I feel that people are just waiting for something to happen - like a catalyst - before the dam breaks. It could be as simple as economic downturn - no jobs, no money - or something as unpleasant as religious misdeeds. It feels like a shimmering in the air. I don't like it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 April 2013, 20:39,
dirty bombs scare the crap out of me ,and the collapse
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 April 2013, 20:42,
(8 April 2013, 20:34)MaryN Wrote: I don't know if any of you agree with me, but I feel that people are just waiting for something to happen - like a catalyst - before the dam breaks. It could be as simple as economic downturn - no jobs, no money - or something as unpleasant as religious misdeeds. It feels like a shimmering in the air. I don't like it.

I know exactly what you mean.

ive no idea whats gonna be the initial trigger, but once it gos , ive got a fealing its gonna be like throwing a match into a barn.

I don't like it either.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 20:53,
There has been something in the air for a while now,

its just a matter of time!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 April 2013, 21:49,
frankly I see only two possible futures.
the one where all this collapses and we start again.

and the one where it don't, and we all get assimilated into being nice little techy-droids, permanently wired to the web with google for a 6th sense.

Im not sure which one I don't like the most.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 April 2013, 21:59,
Economic collapse and massive social unrest(every man for himself in londonistan this will be a complete nightmare)
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
8 April 2013, 22:01,
could be economic collapse, EMP (solar flare) or pandemic

first looks more likely at the moment