Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A few thoughts on the state of things
9 April 2013, 14:24,
RE: A few thoughts on the state of things
(9 April 2013, 14:08)Luci_ferson Wrote: its the fun of the gamble, you never really know what the market is gonna do for sure.

But you can make good decisions on based on sound reasoning and understanding, and doing LOADS of research. Financial education is something an MBA doesn't teach, and most accountants don't understand!

I don't gamble. I put my money where my understanding and research show to be best.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 April 2013, 14:25, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 14:27 by Luci_ferson.)
yup its a bit like horseracing.
it may be a gamble, but you if you know a lot about the horses and who trained them , whos the jockey, type of ground etc.

you can get a pretty good idea who the first 3 across the line are gonna be.

its just having the time and pacience to do the research and wait for the right moment to place the bet when the odds are best.

its a shame horses break their legs so often.

whats life without a few surprises though lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 April 2013, 15:21,
It all depends on how desperate a person is,... if the person, or group are doing well with a certain feel good factor, then gold and silver might well make a good investment, and so it could become a currency.

If however things are much worse, and people are more desperate, then they are never going to put a gold coin above a can of beans, people who are desperate will put a lot more faith into food or a means of getting food [ fishing rod or trap ] well above a gold coin that would still be in their pocket as they starved,..in this situation a rabbit snare or line and hook are far more valuable
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 April 2013, 15:38, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 16:36 by Luci_ferson.)
an old canibis brower once said, cannabis will get you through times of no money, better than money can get you through times of no cannabis.

swap the words for food.

food will get you through times of no money a lot better than money will get you through times of no food.

it just makes sense in my head.

but then again, im expecting a total collapse of economy, religion and polotics. followed by complete social collapse.
a lot of you are expecting something a lot smaller.
I hope you lot are right, im just a little paranoid.

I got a fealing mankind is gonna get a shaking like its never seen before, and nothing will ever be the same again.

but I like to plan for the worst and hope for the best.
I tried it the other way round and it didn't work for me.
if it had Id probably still be a sheeple though, sometimes you only learn from a fall.

as an afternote. looking at the state of the economy. the faith in politicians, and the current goings on with the catholic church, and other religions.
my outlook is seeming more and more possible each day.

oh i forgot about the wars and the rumours of wars and earthquakes in diverse places and all that baloney.

but i figured your all watching NK anyway.
The earthquakes in iran and Russia are purely coincidental. (probably)

Smile

how many of you noticed the new law that allows the police to arrest people and not disclose their identity.
sold under one guise , can be used for another.
a curfew shouldnt be too far behind.
9 April 2013, 17:16,
(9 April 2013, 15:38)Luci_ferson Wrote: im expecting a total collapse of economy, religion and polotics. followed by complete social collapse.

I got a fealing mankind is gonna get a shaking like its never seen before, and nothing will ever be the same again.
no civilisation last forever what makes anyone (sheeple) think that this one is going to be any different?? i believe the end is coming, its already on the way, its just a matter of time.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 17:25, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 17:27 by Luci_ferson.)
im just glad theres others that see it coming.

and like the great phoenix
as one civilization gos down in flames . another usually springs to take its place.
its just a case of staying alive long enough.

or atleast that's what I keep telling myself.
it does wonders for your sanity, and mines pretty much struggling.
9 April 2013, 17:33,
(9 April 2013, 17:25)Luci_ferson Wrote: im just glad theres others that see it coming.

and like the great phoenix
as one civilization gos down in flames . another usually springs to take its place.

it does wonders for your sanity, and mines pretty much struggling.

nothing wrong with my sanity, same i cant say the same for the sheeple, and arent they in for a big shock?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 17:35,
sometimes all itt takes to regain your sanity is a good shock to the system.
sometimes it can be the thing that tips you over the edge though too.

its gonna be interesting for sure.
9 April 2013, 17:36,
(9 April 2013, 17:35)Luci_ferson Wrote: its gonna be interesting for sure.

that must be the statement of the centuryBig Grin
9 April 2013, 18:13,
(9 April 2013, 17:25)Luci_ferson Wrote: and like the great phoenix

When one civilisation falls history shows there is a long period of darkness that last several lifetimes. Don't hold your breath.

Now if it was just the UK and therefore more a culture change like the falling of the Berlin Wall then we could make it but it is the whole planet. Nobody will be there to give us a helping hand.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin