Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flys
25 May 2013, 10:20,
RE: Flys
Set fire to them ??? With what? My precious petrol? Apart from you guys who are ex forces, how many of you have ever had yo drag a body anywhere? !2-13 stone of limp dead weight aint easy.

Since my OP, I've been investigating how HMG advises county resilience how to deal with mass fatalities. Sadly their information is more about how the organisation works and who is going to be in charge (GOLD)
etc etc than the actual mechanics. Mos of the interesting stuff is restricted although in my county of suffolk, I have been able to piece together two mass mortuaries at the sites of park-and-rides in Ipswich and one mass burial pit in a park in Ipswich.

Of more interest are experiments to take the heat from crematoria and turn it back into energy. At present it only goes to heat the public areas of the crematoria which is wonderfully ironic - just like the oil rig that gets just enough oil to run itself. :-)

Interesting though - I could think about gaining enough electricity to run my outdoor jacuzzi from burning the swarms of urban pond life that pass my door.
25 May 2013, 10:28,
Stay well clear of dead bodies full stop!!!
25 May 2013, 10:28, (This post was last modified: 25 May 2013, 10:30 by bigpaul.)
the traditional way to burn bodies has always been wood...think Viking Funerals! that's ok if you have lots of surplus wood but you don't want to waste your valuable wood stock for next winter. during the last foot and mouth outbreak they burnt the bodies using old railway sleepers and coal but they needed great heaps of this, we used to pass the farms where they stored it all and the heaps would go out of sight. if you had old scrap wood, old pallets and old doors I suppose you could use that but I don't really know what the answer is, I imagine it depends on the scale of the problem, which would be worse in cities due to sheer weight of numbers, than it would be here in the countryside.

(25 May 2013, 10:28)Tartar Horde Wrote: Stay well clear of dead bodies full stop!!!

yes that would be good TH! hopefully most people would die in their beds, it only becomes a disposal problem if there is lots of dead bodies in the street.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 May 2013, 10:53,
(25 May 2013, 10:28)Tartar Horde Wrote: Stay well clear of dead bodies full stop!!!

Maybe thats possible in remote areas where you are but for huge numbers of other preppers that impossible, they have to adapt.

25 May 2013, 11:09,
I imagine dead bodies will only be a problem if their lying in heaps on the road, in your way and outside your house where you want to go, if their all dead inside their own houses shouldn't be much of a problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 May 2013, 11:44,
I see what your saying about some people don't have the choice and that is fair comment. With masses of dead bodies in Cities I'm not sure how safe it would be viz disease, and the stench would be horrendous, me personnally if it got to this stage I would have to leave.
25 May 2013, 11:48,
(25 May 2013, 11:44)Tartar Horde Wrote: I see what your saying about some people don't have the choice and that is fair comment. With masses of dead bodies in Cities I'm not sure how safe it would be viz disease, and the stench would be horrendous, me personnally if it got to this stage I would have to leave.

comes back to what we keep saying, WTSHTF cities are not sustainable and eventually only the dead will reside there.
25 May 2013, 20:07,
(25 May 2013, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(25 May 2013, 09:53)Steve Wrote: Flies, birds, foxes, cats, dogs, badgers, rats and ants will soon pick bodies clean. Perhaps the best thing urban dwellers can do is carry the bodies out of town and leave them in hedgerows.

yeah right, do that and the animals will get a taste for human flesh-what you gonna do then?? best thing you can do is put all the bodies in one house and set fire to it.

So you end up with a huge pile of half cooked humans in your town ? Smart.
25 May 2013, 21:10,
Mmmm Kentucky fried chav

Wood smoke BBQed sheeple.

26 May 2013, 10:24,
(25 May 2013, 20:07)Steve Wrote:
(25 May 2013, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(25 May 2013, 09:53)Steve Wrote: Flies, birds, foxes, cats, dogs, badgers, rats and ants will soon pick bodies clean. Perhaps the best thing urban dwellers can do is carry the bodies out of town and leave them in hedgerows.

yeah right, do that and the animals will get a taste for human flesh-what you gonna do then?? best thing you can do is put all the bodies in one house and set fire to it.

So you end up with a huge pile of half cooked humans in your town ? Smart.

better half cooked than raw.