Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shooting
19 January 2012, 11:15,
RE: shooting
Shotguns, 22 LR rifle and 22 air rifles. I use the air rifle more.

They won't have the time to search the house. They need to get to the next before you give them al call. They will come round and take them, IF
They have the time
They are there
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 January 2012, 12:09,
i have never had a visit like that have security checked on renewal and thats it, and to many visits is harrasment
i think they will have there hands full in the initial stages of any crisis to worry about me they will have there hands full with the gangs on the streets with the 9mm and mp5s which are not here by law (pmsl ) but seem to be on our streets and getting used more frequently Sad
and by then should have bugged out if the need calls for it
and if all communications and the infastructure has broken down one daft taff with a gun will be the last thing on there mind
expect most of the force,s mainly police will be like us looking after themselves
yes maybe in the long run if some sort of stability is resumed and they have the info on gun owner ship i would expect it
but i would and am takeing that chance and feel better knowing these items are there

thanks
b/d
19 January 2012, 14:14,
(19 January 2012, 10:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: I would rather risk being unarmed but not on official radar than get a licence and face frequent visits from nebby cops who dont live on the same planet as the rest of us.

Under the older War Laws and Emergency Powers acts if activated in a national emergency the cops and military have the absolute right to come and sieze your guns to be either stored, destroyed or used by the authorities !!!

NR, you have pin pointed my exact issue here. I've got a load of long term ideas that I will be persuing. Building my own BOV, perfecting my EDC and things like that. But getting a gun license is an issue I have not yet figured out. There is always the option of owning a gun illegally, but that is not a wise or recommended route. WTSHTF, people won't be looking for gun licenses. But they could use that data as a shopping/hunting list.
19 January 2012, 18:26,
again people what ever your comfortable with but not saying easy target here but i no i am not Smile

b/d
19 January 2012, 18:28,
I'm not happy but I am comfortable working within the law for as long as law and order holds up.

19 January 2012, 19:43,
Scuthe,

Get a shotgun license. It opens a lot of options for you and even if it is confiscated you have not lost that much.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 January 2012, 17:47,
We (preppers) should all take up our right to possess a shotgun. The effort and cost is moderate compared to the value of our other prepping and it is the single most effective piece of equipment in TEOTWAWKI survival terms. In defence terms it is a force multiplier second to none. Supplement this with more stealthy forms of hunting and defence like crossbows, air rifles, catapults and you have a real chance of hanging onto the stores and preps you have taken years to build and you then have an increased capability to add to your stocks through hunting in a variety of scenarios. As far as 12 bore cartridges are concerned don't rely on bird-shot (ie. shot sizes 3 to 9) which are fine for anything up to 15 yards but for greater ranges at larger targets you need heavier shot. Shot size BB or AAA are perfect for the aggressive pit bull, rottweiler or bull mastiff and AAA or SG will cater for ALL other needs out to 50 yards or so.
Brian
Advice is what you seek when you know the answer but wish you didn't
24 January 2012, 17:53,
What is AAA and SG? Are they larger or smaller?
24 January 2012, 18:00,
a shotgun would be handy for mobs or larger animals, although i would rather rely on air rifles and bows and arrows post SHTF for hunting as a shotgun makes too much noise. i just cant be bothered with the paperwork in normal circumstances and putting myself on the Police list, even a cursory visit by mr. plod may bring up the question "why have you got all this food then?" and at the very least will mark me down as some kind of nutter or a Mr.Trebus ( a well known TV hoarder-now deceased).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2012, 19:07,
(24 January 2012, 17:53)Scythe13 Wrote: What is AAA and SG? Are they larger or smaller?

Sg also known as OO Buckshot in the USA consists of a number of lead balls of approx 8mm calibre. usually 9 of these in a 12 gauge shotgun shell case.
Thats like 9 x 9mm submachine gun projectiles - fires at once at the same target. Which is why the shotgun is renowned for its close up, one shot fight stopping power.
You can even load OO and smaller shot combined for a lethal spread. Slugs are possible too, which is one heavy approx 1 to 1.25 ounce bullet shaped lead projectile that will put anything down it hits. More of a sledge hammer than penetration, so armour is protection is minimized.