Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish mox update
28 June 2013, 07:41, (This post was last modified: 28 June 2013, 07:54 by Prepper1.)
fish mox update
As you know I bought some fish mox (amoxycillin 500mg) these are what turned up [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOFhrKZcjPr9KdSw5fQtb...EBVf_lnbcF]

after a quick check to indeed make sure that they were human compatable
I unearthed their manufacturer etc

Imprint:
AA
Strength:
500 mg
Color:
Brown
Shape:
Capsule-shape
Availability:
Prescription only
Drug Class:
Aminopenicillins
Pregnancy Category:
B - No proven risk in humans
CSA Schedule:
N - Not a controlled drug
Manufacturer:
Virtus Pharmaceuticals LLC

Anyway to cut a long story short, as you know I had a severe root canal infection, the dentist I saw prescribed a five day dose of amoxycillin which tackled the main infection but left an underlying one which was still swollen and leaking pus quite badly.

I've taken a one day course of the new bought in fish mox, that's three tablets, and the remaining infections gone over night, it wasn't a small infection either, it was still infected quite badly.

Now the new amoxy tablets are half the size of the british ones I got given. not in dosage just actual size.

I've noticed before antibiotics prescribed by my doctors here are always quite large and that normally I've always needed a double course to get rid of any infection I've had.

I have a sneaky suspicion that our medicines are "diluted" or just not as good...

Could just be coincidence, but somehow I dont think so.

Anyhoo, regardless of if ours are diluted or not, the fish mox is indeed, just human pharmaceuticals in a different jar, and well worth the money.

The only bad point in the whole story is that border force took an interest in my package and charged me a £12.11 p "handling fee"

Apparently they can charge you extra for stuff outside the e.u. cheeky bar stewards"

Still even with the extra charge and the fact that our doctors arent really interested in prescribing it, I can say I would recommend its purchase 100 percent

Even Selco said that even a small infection can kill post shtf and having a timely reminder myself just recently antibiotics are a must.
They are in my opinion an essential part of our kit for prepping.

After all whats the point having all the gear if some small infection going to "off" you and deprive your loved ones if you have any of their main life line.

Though one point to note is that amoxy is a penicillin based antibiotic, so if your allergic to penicillin, get one of the other ones.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
28 June 2013, 08:17,
RE: fish mox update
Cheers Mate, great research....you cant put a price next to pain........I wudnt put it past them to "dilute" them.!! will be investing in some v soon now just to be sure check under your arms for signs of "gills" Smile
28 June 2013, 14:03,
How long will they keep for in the cupboard?
28 June 2013, 15:25,
(28 June 2013, 14:03)Madgirl151 Wrote: How long will they keep for in the cupboard?

Not at home at the mo, will get back to you later about the expiry date etc... about 8.30 ish...
28 June 2013, 19:38,
is there a easy way to make it?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 June 2013, 20:51,
expiry date may 2015