Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pistol crossbow
4 August 2013, 19:42, (This post was last modified: 4 August 2013, 19:45 by bigpaul.)
pistol crossbow
there is a pistol crossbow on Ebay...at the moment its on £15.98 I think its one of the armex/cobra 80LB ones but i'm not sure but I looks like it from the picture, i'll put the link here i'm not sure if it will work-my links tend to be temperamentalBig GrinBig Grin http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bow-arrow-/281...41759d6674

I don't believe it- the link actually worksTongueBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2013, 21:47,
RE: pistol crossbow
It looks very similar to the Jaguar too, but without the scope
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 August 2013, 21:58,
I wouldn't touch it, BP. The guy has only 50% positive feedback after selling just 2 items - and the negative comment is pretty damning.

I'd rather pay more and be sure of getting it.
4 August 2013, 22:07,
Cant quiet understand that, if its paid via PayPal then there is always a record,... but I do tend to agree with only two sales and a bad feedback,... leave it be,..although I dont think BP was going for it anyway
5 August 2013, 00:05,
True. But the guy's also massively in breach of eBay rules for selling the thing in the first place (no weapons or other age-restricted items) so I doubt he's really very reliable.

But can I sneakily slide in another question under BP's heading, and ask which pistol crossbow you guys would recommend an inexperienced female to buy? I haven't looked before because I'm on my way to becoming the legal owner of a nice Navy Colt, but a back-up defence weapon would be useful, and I thought it might also be handy for small-time hunting.

Bad idea?
5 August 2013, 07:09,
I have one of these its ok,Packs a decent punch
http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/armex-tom...2143-p.asp
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
5 August 2013, 08:05,
I have the same,... and if you do find it hard to cock it, its easy to fit an extra length of pipe in the end, my 0/h has a bad thumb, so I added a piece of 5inch pipe to the cocking handle, makes a lot of difference
5 August 2013, 08:40,
yep, that's the one, I was so impressed with it I bought one for the OH!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2013, 09:23,
I've got one of the Armex/Cpbra 80lb Self Cocking ones. I think it cost me about 40 quid new. It needs two people to put the string on initially but the pistol is just about right for me.

Not sure about hunting at long distance but for short range work and possible defence against urban pond life and other creatures who come up to you post SHTF and say"I'm the last man left on earth darlin' " its great
5 August 2013, 09:26, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2013, 09:28 by NorthernRaider.)
(5 August 2013, 00:05)Little Lou Wrote: But can I sneakily slide in another question under BP's heading, and ask which pistol crossbow you guys would recommend an inexperienced female to buy?

Bad idea?

Armex Tomcat Mk 2 80 lb draw is the commonest among our members IIRC along with the Mk1. Rad back through the bow ection there is reviews and advice about which bolts to use as well.

We have three Tomcat Mk 2s now for close quarters security in the house, with the Banshee quad compounds for longer ranges.