Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
9 August 2013, 20:26,
RE: wild camping anyone?
Okay everyone, time to dust off those dusty thing, and rust off those rusty things....no wait, that doesn't work.

In 24 hours time, we should be having a lot of fun, relaxing in the heat of a day, camping stoves chugging away, dogs running around like nutters, and all in all, living it up.

I'm really looking forward to group discussions, and showing off some skills.

Hopefully Beardyman will be bringing along some purchasable gear while he's there.

It may be a good time for some cigars and wine too. But one thing is for sure, there will be a lot of lessons for us all to learn from each other.

I can't wait.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 August 2013, 20:36, (This post was last modified: 9 August 2013, 20:51 by BeardyMan.)
(9 August 2013, 19:36)MikeA Wrote:
(9 August 2013, 18:26)BeardyMan Wrote: I have a new car! Not going to be able to spend the night, but I'll come along and say hello all the same Smile

More like you just want to show it off... Smile

Aye Big Grin

I'll even let you look at the car too Tongue

I might yet be able to stay, see how it goes on the day. Got a few things to take care of that I may or may not be able to get out of.

@Scythe,

I've not got too much to hand matey, few sharps & some FAKs to patch oneself up after playing with 'em. Have some camo clothes etc, but various sizes. Wasn't intending to pimp my wares but I can chuck a few things in the truck if anyone's interested.

Oh, BP, if you bring that webbing belt I'll probably take it off your hands. If you still have it that is?
Got some cool Smith & Wesson skeleton handled blades if you fancy a swap?
10 August 2013, 09:12,
(9 August 2013, 20:36)BeardyMan Wrote:
(9 August 2013, 19:36)MikeA Wrote:
(9 August 2013, 18:26)BeardyMan Wrote: I have a new car! Not going to be able to spend the night, but I'll come along and say hello all the same Smile

More like you just want to show it off... Smile

Aye Big Grin

I'll even let you look at the car too Tongue

I might yet be able to stay, see how it goes on the day. Got a few things to take care of that I may or may not be able to get out of.

@Scythe,

I've not got too much to hand matey, few sharps & some FAKs to patch oneself up after playing with 'em. Have some camo clothes etc, but various sizes. Wasn't intending to pimp my wares but I can chuck a few things in the truck if anyone's interested.

Oh, BP, if you bring that webbing belt I'll probably take it off your hands. If you still have it that is?
Got some cool Smith & Wesson skeleton handled blades if you fancy a swap?
yeah i'll stick it in the car and bring it with.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 August 2013, 16:47, (This post was last modified: 10 August 2013, 17:00 by bigpaul.)
well not a bad turn out considering, 7 in all not including myself and OH, and not counting the dogsBig Grin we waved them all off, over the tor and saw them all disappearing over the top and out of sight, wont be there to count them all back in unfortunately as we are up at 6am and off to Cheddar market(Somerset). hope you all had a good time lads, and Mrs.Scythe!Tongue

oh...and nice vehicle BM!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 August 2013, 17:34,
hope you all have a good time Wink
10 August 2013, 17:54,
I thought they were camping up here this afternoon, turned out to be a Mencap rally !! Smile

10 August 2013, 18:37,
I do hope you all have a good time. Not too much booze. Kenneth Eames.
10 August 2013, 19:13,
their a long way from a boozer Kenny, unless they brought any with them!!Big Grin
11 August 2013, 12:23,
Well it turned into a good night, weather was kind to us. Got my camp set up pronto, all turned in about 10. I slept like a log, but then I did have a sleeping bag Wink

Good to meet everyone in person and put faces to names.

I'm sure Mike took quite a few pics for everyone to see.
11 August 2013, 22:39,
Music  RE: wild camping anyone?
And here they are, hopefully they turn out well, was great to finally meet all those who attended, good effort from Falcon who made it all the way from London. hope you all got back safe !

[Image: IMGP0001.jpg]

[Image: 2549e2d8-fbc8-415f-9609-28bc10b10765.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0011.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0008.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0007.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0009.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0010.jpg]

Sorry for the delay guys, hope to see you all again soon !