Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helmet
20 August 2013, 13:42,
helmet
silly question, does anyone see a prepping type use for an Army helmet.....or is it a useless addition....just wondered.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 August 2013, 13:43,
RE: helmet
(20 August 2013, 13:42)bigpaul Wrote: silly question, does anyone see a prepping type use for an Army helmet.....or is it a useless addition....just wondered.

Well it'll save a bang on the head...

Helmet or hard hat would be useful for exploring buildings and the like.
20 August 2013, 13:43,
not considered it to be honest
20 August 2013, 13:46,
I just wondered cos I noticed my favourite trader on my favourite car boot site had some when I went last sunday, never considered it myself, I mean ordinary "hard" hats should be cheap enough to get, I just wondered if an Army helmet had any advantages apart from the camouflage ?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 August 2013, 13:53,
(20 August 2013, 13:46)bigpaul Wrote: I just wondered cos I noticed my favourite trader on my favourite car boot site had some when I went last sunday, never considered it myself, I mean ordinary "hard" hats should be cheap enough to get, I just wondered if an Army helmet had any advantages apart from the camouflage ?

You could sharpen the edges, odd-job style Wink

I'd rather go with one of the old school motorcycle helmets - the ones that don't cover your ears or face. More impact protection, and a damn site more comfortable I'd wager.
20 August 2013, 14:04,
yeah, it was just an odd thought I had-I do have a few now and again...odd I mean not thoughts!!Big GrinBig Grin
20 August 2013, 14:25,
I did see someone at a Roots Manouver gig wearing a US army helmet with "HIP HOP SOLDIER" scrawled on it. Protects against flying objects/stage divers/crowd surfers apparently Big Grin
20 August 2013, 14:44,
We used to use them as cooking pots,..lol, it would then become a multi job item
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 August 2013, 14:45,
like I say, it was just a passing thought.
20 August 2013, 17:58,
(20 August 2013, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: like I say, it was just a passing thought.

Dont bother with Army helmets, or any at all for that matter unless you're likely going to be caught up in an area with civil disturbance type scenarios unfolding, even then, go for either a hockey or bicycle helmet, (search Ebay for "bern"). A military lid will just mark you out big time.