Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Russian Gas
7 February 2012, 01:19,
Russian Gas
Do you remember that earlier last year, Emporer Putin and his administrators promised ever so nicely, that they would never again restrict gas supplies to the West. seeing as our governements were caught by surprise and we were in danger of rationing of gas in the cold weather of all times!! Anyway, the reason for the restricted supply for the preceding few years was the Russian/Ukranian dispute and the pipeline then used that ran across Ukraine. Tymoshenko is still in the news being tried over the dubious political & money scamming that was involved in the corridors of power & wealthy elite. Remember, Russia only recently promised never to restrict supplies again and to honour its international agreements.

The point is, that even after our governments commitment (vocal lips moving on TV) to more robust and diverse energy supplies, it is actually going the other way due to the present economic downturn. The government has shelved many alternative projects!

Now looking at this scenario, what should come up in the news a few days ago >>> Due to the present cold weather across the European landmass, Russia has reduced supplies to the west. Most Western European nations have reported reduced volume of gas flowing through their pipelines. Russia has announced that it has done this because the gas is needed for it's own people because the severe cold weather...

SO >> What do you think the politicians agreements & promises stand for if we had a major widespread disaster scenario here or over there or widespread??

Energy supplies > Not good

At the moment the UK government states it has enough gas reserves stored to last until the end of the month without any further measures needed.
7 February 2012, 07:16,
RE: Russian Gas
Political argreements wont be worth the paper they're written on WTSHTF, it will be every country and every man for himself.
It comes as no surprise that the gas is being used to keep the Russian people alive, we would do it in this country if we needed to, if we didn't there would be wide spread anger at our goverments for 'giving away' our heating supply and sacrificing the British people for the sake of others.
Russia and most of the world seem poised to f##k us up at any moment, we have become too reliant on imports and soon we are going to suffer for our stupidity.
Most of the rest of the world are sick of being told what to do by us and America, they are fed up of our constant interfering and they are wise to the fact that we are quickly losing our grip on power and that we are living on our past glories.
They have been smart and led us into a trap that we can no longer escape from.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

7 February 2012, 09:42,
(7 February 2012, 07:16)Reality Jones Wrote: they are wise to the fact that we are quickly losing our grip on power and that we are living on our past glories.
They have been smart and led us into a trap that we can no longer escape from.

This is not a conspiracy theory by the way.

This is an idea I thought about and Neil Strauss, Emergency, kind of suggested that I'm not mad.

If you believe the 9/11 attacks are a conspiracy or inside job, then you won't want to read this.

The terrorists were trained years ago by the CIA. That is a fact. They were trained to fight in the Gulf War on the side of the US. Don't believe it....look it up. Osama Bin-Lid is highly educated and his family know about building businesses, but they also know how to push other companies out of the market place by making the opposition bankrupt.

The 9/11 attacks were not an attack on American soil to scare the people. It was not an attack on liberty and freedom. It was not an attack on the government. Think about it...if you wanted to scare the people, you'd smash up the airport or hospitals. If you wanted to attack liberty, you'd destroy the statue of Liberty. If it was against freedom, you'd hit the NY Library/museum/courts. If it was an attack against the government......Whitehouse or Mount Rushmore.

The attack was against the financial district. This shows it is a war against American Finances. The wars overseas are a huge drain on the American people. An army marches on it's stomach. But it eats from it's wallet. Every bullet fired, every mile driven, every journey flown, every calorie eaten, is all a drain on the finances of the US people. By not making it a definite war, like the Gulf War, that had clear targets, and a visible enemy, it became a prolonged drawn out war against a phantom enemy that vanished by magic. That is not a cheap war!

No country is a super power without resources and money.

If you can ruin the American government's finances, then they have nothing. That is the way the terrorists are taking down the government. One dollar at a time.

If a government has been taken down.........then what agreements do they have?

Each government will look out for their own people regardless of what we believe is right or wrong. The people ingovernment are meant to take care of the people, and like the Russians as UKS rightly stated, they hold the gas back for themselves. Just as we would if it was the other way round.

If you have any doubt about the weakness of government agreements, check out the G8 summit, the Keyoto protocall, or any other environmental talk and government has had in the last 20 years.

Oh wait......didn't the world basically sign a treaty after world war 2 saying about ceasing the spread of nuclear power and nuclear weapons. Something like 130 countris signed up to that. They were meant to work together to stop the weapons being built.

Oh dear, it looks like we a situation on our hands.
7 February 2012, 16:04,
Politicians words are not worth anything now never mind if.....

Accept there is nothing you can do about the situation and simply prepare for what may happen.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 February 2012, 16:18,
i read a long time ago that the UK only stores enough Gas to last 13 DAYS, gas supplies from Russia and oil from the Middle East could be simply stopped just in response to some UK foreign policy .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2012, 17:24,
(7 February 2012, 16:18)bigpaul Wrote: gas supplies from Russia and oil from the Middle East could be simply stopped just in response to some UK foreign policy .

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Don't Iran & Russia get on? I know China & Iran are buddies.

I'm sure it won't be long before Pakistan & Iran buddy up.
7 February 2012, 18:59,
(7 February 2012, 17:24)00111001 Wrote:
(7 February 2012, 16:18)bigpaul Wrote: gas supplies from Russia and oil from the Middle East could be simply stopped just in response to some UK foreign policy .
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Don't Iran & Russia get on? I know China & Iran are buddies.

I think it was Russia and China that helped Iran go nuclear. China provided the expertise. Russia provided the raw materials. If I remember rightly that's the way round it was/is.
7 February 2012, 22:46,
(7 February 2012, 18:59)Scythe13 Wrote:
(7 February 2012, 17:24)00111001 Wrote:

I think it was Russia and China that helped Iran go nuclear. China provided the expertise. Russia provided the raw materials. If I remember rightly that's the way round it was/is.

Last year Russia built at least one brand new nuclear reactor in Iran - for peaceful purposes of course. It was handed over to the Iranian officials with much fanfare & celebration. Since then, at the back end of last year, the Iranians ordered the remaining Russian technicians to leave as they would manage it on their own.
Nice business deal for the Russians! Also keeps the West on the hook..