My BOB fishing kit
8 February 2012, 14:10,
My BOB fishing kit
This is my BOB Fishing Kit and Why.
2 x 10 heavy spinning rods
2 x fixed spool reels matched to the rods spools loaded with 20 lb line
2 x Spare spools loaded with 20 lb line
Monofilament line 20 lb
Assorted sizes of fishing weights (split shot to 3 oz)
Assorted fishing hooks covering both sea and fish water fish (sizes 12 to 4/0)
Assorted tippet material
A selection of spinners plugs and plugs along with swivels
A small selection of float
A few wire traces to deal with toothy critters
Cast net
My reasoning behind my choice of kit.
Rods- I decided on “Spinning rods” is there all-round capability of dealing with saltwater fishing and freshwater fishing, also these rods will be able to cope with differing styles of fishing techniques required to put food on the table.
Fixed spools reels- These have been brought to balance the rods. Fixed spools reels come with 2 spools which will allow you to use 2 differing sizes of line, but I have chosen to load all spools with 20 lb line as this will cope with large fish as well. My reels will take 275 yards of 20 lb line. When loading the reels always load the reel to 1/8th of an inch of the rim.
Monofilament fishing line- This refers to the materials used to make the line. Mono will allow for a certain amount of stretching taking place without breaking. Mono is also easy to tie knots with.
Weights- A good selection weights are required to hold the bait from being moved in currents. More importantly the weights act as the load on the rod to bend it when casting. Choose weights from small split shot to 3 oz arlesley bombs.
Hooks- As with weight a good size and style of hooks are required from the small size 12 freshwater hooks right up to size 4/0 sea hooks. The selection also includes “double and treble hooks”.
Tippet material- Is used to join the hooks to the reel line. It is dependent on the size of hooks being used and the species sought. I have 4 sizes of line 4 lb, 10 lb, 20 lb and 40 lb.
Spinners and plugs- These are designed to represent bait fish and are already pre-rigged with hooks and weights. All that is required is a link between the plug and reel line this can be either mono or a wire trace. The swivel is an important link as it stops the reel line from twisting and breaking.
Floats- Freshwater and sea floats. Floats can be used to indicate a bite from a fish or it can be used to lift the bait off the bad of the river or sea. A small selection of floats
Wire traces- Used when dealing with toothy critters ie pike, shark etc.
Cast net- used to gather bait more than catching fish to eat.
“Tackle box” Mine is a small tackle box I had laying around but almost anything could be used.

8 February 2012, 21:39, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2012, 21:48 by Prep Girl.)
RE: My BOB fishing kit
Lol mine is just 2 little packets I bought from Amazon, haven't opened them yet, guess now would be a good time.
I have 2 packets each with line 36m ,swivels x 2 ,hooks x 2 ,winder,and lures x 2 it says a better lure would be any thing shiny or part especially the stomach of a fish, lol sounds so pathetic
It also says I can use the yellow card in the packet as a lure, why not a worm or magot?
8 February 2012, 22:30,
My bob is different to my bug out kit
8 February 2012, 22:48,
(8 February 2012, 21:39)Prep Girl Wrote: It also says I can use the yellow card in the packet as a lure, why not a worm or magot?
You can if you wish it is just that it won't last in a kit for long. The card will. If you have live bait use it.

US,

Thanks. That is a good list. I have some of that but not that much. I'll add them to the list.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 February 2012, 00:30,
Of course! BlushSmile