Probably spotted. Best relocate
BUG OUT NOW!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altitude... The third dimension?
8 February 2012, 15:45,
Altitude... The third dimension?
The dust has settled, you've spent a year creating a permanent, private base, you've got your crops planted, your rubbish piled neatly away from your door, your water capture, equipment and bug out vehicle close to hand and you're in your recliner, dozing in the sun, with a tankard of homebrew, feeling very pleased with yourself for getting everything so beautifully organised and your kids are playing happily because Daddy's got it all under control.

Then... One of the kids points out a microlight, probably spotting, (possibly mine) at 3,500 feet, heading away from you.

With your current plan (be honest now)...How likely is it that you Are a cross on my chart?

Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
8 February 2012, 16:40,
RE: Altitude... The third dimension?
Anyone who relies on being totally unspottable is setting themselves up for a big shock. What I plan is going to be disguised but all it needs is something left out, children playing, animals wandering about.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 February 2012, 16:47,
come and get my stuff they will be in my cross hairs my friend
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 February 2012, 17:03,
No position is 100% defensible. The first one may get a lead injection but the remained will gradually improve until they penetrate your defenses. You cannot guard everything 24/7/356.

Even castles fall when under seige from a determined enemy.

Prepping is one area where obscurity is a major plus point.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 February 2012, 17:38,
The real trick isn't to hide yourself completely, but to be less desirable than anybody else.... It's also good to keep yourself from getting cocky.
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
8 February 2012, 17:47,
(8 February 2012, 17:38)Preacher Wrote: The real trick isn't to hide yourself completely, but to be less desirable than anybody else.... It's also good to keep yourself from getting cocky.

i think under "ideal conditions" i would like to go for the totally hidden location, which is why i lean towards the smaller group scenario, it may be possible to get out into the Devon hinterland where nobody goes-even in the good times,- i do know of such places.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2012, 17:50,
We have several camo nets that we can use a long with poles to change the shape of things, hessian sacking to dull shiney surfaces etc
8 February 2012, 17:55,
(8 February 2012, 17:50)uks Wrote: We have several camo nets that we can use a long with poles to change the shape of things, hessian sacking to dull shiney surfaces etc

good idea UKS, you dont see much hessian sacking these days-not down here anyway-everything seems to come in plastic sacks nowadays!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 February 2012, 17:56,
Thats what you get being X-Mil
8 February 2012, 18:00,
(8 February 2012, 17:56)uks Wrote: Thats what you get being X-Mil
Ah-i see! we used to be able to get some at a local pet shop when we lived in Somerset but havent seen any since we came back to Devon.