Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a shop
10 February 2012, 18:22,
Found a shop
Hi
I just come back from town, found a new shop called Discount UK. Just found out its the start of a new chain of shops that will be opened up around the country. It had all usual thing but it had quite a few things that maybe of interest to preppers. Most of which i got to try and let you know.
First purchase was a "fishing catapult" £0.99p. It has a metal Y frame the metal is a little thinner than a bennett, the handle is made of plastic but could be replaced with a wooden handle, the elastic seems ok. Had a little play power seems ok. If your looking at stocking up on catapults worth a look.
Second purchase 20m x 4mm paracord £0.99p this should be fine.
Third purchase 5 in 1 emergency accessory (whistle, mirror, compass, small flint firestarter, waterproof matches container) £0.99p. This item can be worn around the neck so you can keep it with at all times. Whistle works well, mirror a little small, compass is quite good compared with my silva that i used to check magnetic north. Flint is very small but does work. Waterproof container is waterproof tested it in the sink. The plastic maybe brittle in the cold.
Forth purchase an emergency whistle (whistle, led light, mirror, magnifier, compass & thermometer) £0.89p. Played with this whistle good, mag quite good, the rest is poor.
Fifth purchase a small fold away rucksack £0.99p i should think about 25 litre's. Fit into its own 4x3 built in pouch.
Sixth purchase emergency shelter £1.25p. Not opened it yet but looks quite good. Makes a small tent from silver foil.
10 February 2012, 18:44,
RE: Found a shop
That sounds like our kind of shop.

I've not heard of them and I would gues they expand in an area before they go nationwide.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 February 2012, 19:03,
belongs to Poundworld, cant find any down this way!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 February 2012, 19:39,
We haven't got any in Lincoln, yet.
11 February 2012, 15:53,
The first Discount UK was in Warrington, I'm sure of it. It was open there about 2 years ago. I wasn't really into prepping and survivalism back then, so I've never looked for Paracord and things like that.
11 February 2012, 16:44,
Interesting. I'll look it up next time I'm over there.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 February 2012, 17:03,
(10 February 2012, 19:39)Lincolnoldie Wrote: We haven't got any in Lincoln, yet.

What we do have in Lincoln are Screwfix and Maplins... My two favourite sources of components...
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
11 February 2012, 21:48,
yeah same stuff in pound shop down here can vouch for the para cord mess tins are cheap can get a list and if people want i can post them or take it to the meets ??

b/d