Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are books & films our future
13 February 2012, 08:33,
Are books & films our future
I don't know about you but are the books and films made today our future history?.
Look at animal farm and big brother watching who would have thought it.
Judge Drudd will we be forced into mega big slum cities, with the rest of the place named as the badlands.
Thats just 2 examples. I can see it happening maybe not in my lifetime but sometime.
13 February 2012, 10:11,
RE: Are books & films our future
I bloodywell hope not , they are just starting on a remake of WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE.

The Labour party thinks Brasil and 1984 are " How To" guides on running a country.

13 February 2012, 15:25,
There is little difference between Labour and Camerons 'conservatives'. Hell, he is starting to make Gordo look good and that takes some doing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 February 2012, 15:29,
i dont think anyone can make Gordon the moron Brown look good! oh hell- just thought-Ed Milliband makes gordon look like an intellectual!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2012, 16:24,
Such is the calibre of our political class.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 February 2012, 19:41,
You don't need an individual intellect or any business & foreign relations experience to get on in politics. In fact it is probably best for their masters they dont have it. All that is needed is the willingness to bend over & kiss monetary benefactors feet and to be a good boy/girl & do as they are told!!
13 February 2012, 21:24,
It doesn't matter if they do or don't. The main criteria seems to be a lack of morals and common sense as well as a hefty dose of self confidence and believing you know everything.
Skean Dhude
18 February 2012, 23:51,
Okay, before this goes into an anarchist debate, albeit one sided, back to the topic at hand.

I think there is something strange with the films of recent. There are more and more disaster movies. Obviously they are milking the 2012 predictions. That's all fair. I would do the same thing if I were in their position.

But I think that certain things are quite plausible.

I look at things like V for Vendetta as being on the governments 'to do' list. The news is already that way, it would seem. "It's not our job to make this stuff up. The government makes up the news. We just broadcast it." - V for Vendetta

Another thing I see happening is James Wesley Rawles 'Patriots' which I am currently reading. I look at the dollar and euro and think.....is Wesley a prophet? I mean, honestly, I can see America going into hyperinflation. We all can if we're honest.

Other movies that seem to be prophetic, are things like The Road, and maybe even Book of Eli. But these are more a prophecy of how people will behave post SHTF.