Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"I dont believe in the end of the world!"
13 February 2012, 13:42,
"I dont believe in the end of the world!"
i have just been on another site i have a look at, they have a new member who straight off states"I do not believe in the end of the world scenario", and that particular site is flooded with people who think like this individual, what is it with these people? do they know something we dont know? or are they blinded by their own immortality? i believe there COULD be some sort of TEOTWAWKI type event following a societal collapse, given the way the world and human attitudes are going i believe this is quite possible, but it seems there are "preppers" out there who do not agree and are quite sure this will NEVER happen. am i paranoid or just an "optimistic pessamist" as someone has remarked??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2012, 14:05,
RE: "I dont believe in the end of the world!"
I guess it depends on what they mean exactly and are they explaining it correctly ? like you I believe some thing is going to happen that will change the world as we know it and I'm doing every thing I can in hope they me n mine will survive it, but I don't believe in the end of the world, to me that means no more world at all, no point prepping for that.
13 February 2012, 14:08,
I think preppings a bit like religion in that theres a lot of "factions" about all beliveing in different scenarios and unfortunatly excluding all others theories and ideas about "the end of the world" or any other shtf event.
I think it may be overwhelming to some, to keep your options open to ALL possibilities, maybe some people panic after thinking about the many possible scenarios and just settle on one and wont budge. You know similar to religious beliefs of people that will not accept evolution or anothers god and would die before accepting it.
Thats why the preppers that look at, make some sort of plan for, however vague, for virtualy all eventualities will keep going long after others have died and gone the way of the dodo. You dont have to have a plan cast in stone for prepping, because whatever the eventuality you plan for, because sods law states that " Because I'm sods law, whatever you make an inflexible plan for I'll bugger it up for you" Me myself and I have been the victim of sods law many a time and as such most if not all of my prepping plans are fluid and changeable at a whim, that suits me but maybe wont suit others, but I believe if you plan for as many eventualities as possile and plan for things to go wrong your not often caught out.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
13 February 2012, 15:22,
i think that far too many people believe "the end of the world-as we know it" means big bang! no more planet Earth, game over!, when the emphasis should be on-AS WE KNOW IT! it dosent mean no more life, it means things are different, we have to do things in a different way not like they were done before, because something has happened to change the way things are done, maybe less people around, no access to oil, no power, no big factories left,no government(hooray) so we have to sort things out ourselves, no rule of law, no more deliveries to supermarkets-in fact no more supermarkets-we will have to grow all our own food-animals too!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2012, 18:56,
I don't expect to be around for The End Of The World,but I do think I'll see The End Of The World As We Know It.

There is a big difference between the two but the media doesn't like the sheeple to know this.
Many people are unable to differentiate too.
13 February 2012, 20:12,
To some the end of the world is better than having to go without all the comforts of home.

They are just burying their heads.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 February 2012, 10:31,
I had an argument in a previous forum about this same thing. TEOTWAWKI is not the end of the world. It's just a huge change in our understanding of the world in which we live.

Don't worry BP. Optimistic pessimism will bring you through. You're planning for survival (optimistic) but you know something is going to happen (pessimism, or realism if you prefer). People that do not believe in something happening are kind of wasting their time. Small preps should come down to common sense. But real hardcore prepping is what will keep you alive whatever happens.

If you can catch food, make shelter, build fire, collect and purify water, then you have the ability to survive. If you are ready for it, and have those same skills, you are ready to thrive.
14 February 2012, 11:16, (This post was last modified: 14 February 2012, 11:20 by NorthernRaider.)
In sheeples understanding they see it as Armageddon IE total destruction of the world, but it is the AWKI bit of TEOTWAWKI that is the main thing, End of the world AS WE KNOW IT, It just means a total change or collapse in the societal system we live in. Just as TEOTWAWKI ruined the Persian Empire, Roman Empire, Greek Empire, Aztec Empire, Mayan Empire, Soviet Empire and British empire.

It just signifies a total collapse of our society and its temporary period of anarchy and chaos before a new dominant society emerges.
(13 February 2012, 20:12)Skean Dhude Wrote: To some the end of the world is better than having to go without all the comforts of home.

They are just burying their heads.

Yeah until they get hungry and remember that prepper they condemned and ridiculed is surviving quite nicely whilst they starve.

In the initial part of a societal collapse its hostile public and governmental opinion towards preppers that will dominate. They both resent and fear our preps and independence. Sheeple will condemn us and governments will try and control or outlaw us, This we must just let wash over us. But as uaual the city prepper is at most risk.

14 February 2012, 12:35,
i have noticed that some people prep for what they call SHTF but what i call "life experiences", things like: unemployment/ redundancy, divorce/bereavement, sickness/serious injury and so on, i think these things are just modern life, whereas i am more concerned with things like economic collapse, protests/anarchy, more riots like we saw in August only worse, the eventual collapse and break up of the EU, bird flu-asian flu-pandemics, societal breakdown and even perhaps WW3 !!!! ordinary life i can handle, but its things outside my immediate control and influence i am concerned about.
14 February 2012, 14:59,
Well, if you look at the situation in greece at the mo with the new, more stringent austerity measures put in place, theres shit loads of riots going on, fire bombings etc. I do believe theyve cut the minimum wage down again to less than 600 euros a month. thats a model for us to watch and see what would probably happen over here. God can you imagine what'd happen if all the chav's had no money to buy their weed?
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."