Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bird Flu research latest
15 February 2012, 01:35,
Bird Flu research latest
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/decision-time-r...w--;_ylv=3
15 February 2012, 09:33,
RE: Bird Flu research latest
Does anyone else have an image of someone throwing a vial of the flu as if it is something from Resident Evil?
15 February 2012, 11:21,
People already spit on people to spread disease and as a weapon. It takes no imagination to see it used after an event.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 February 2012, 12:48,
i've previously said about people spitting in the streets and coughing in peoples faces at markets and car boots, it would not take much to spread any disease by this method, then watch the population drop like flies!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2012, 14:37,
This is my greatest fear! Disease or a virus type attack.

I'd much rather a marauding army or the alike! At least then I can see what I'm up against!
15 February 2012, 14:44,
I can understand that fear but mine is rqadiation. The others can be protected against quite a lot. Radiation not so much.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 February 2012, 15:27,
I think the meeting about the bird flu thing is a bit retarded. They've not questioned if what they were doing is right or wrong. They are just talking about whether they should publish a 'how to make the killing machine' publication or not. I think the answer is pretty obvious!
15 February 2012, 17:03,
If it was so obvious why ask the question? What is common sense to you and I clearly is a question for them.

I wouldn't count on them coming up with the same answer.
Skean Dhude
15 February 2012, 19:12,
(15 February 2012, 14:44)Skean Dhude Wrote: I can understand that fear but mine is rqadiation. The others can be protected against quite a lot. Radiation not so much.

I totaly agree with you on this one Skean, I carry an army issue gas mask as a form of protection against airborne viruses and also to help me get through smoke/ tear gas etc. The gas mask is part of my BOB, which I keep in my everyday vehicle.
If I was close enough to witness a mushroom cloud in all its beautiful glory then I know my days would be numbered and I'd skip to the top of my 'to do' list.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

15 February 2012, 20:23,
(15 February 2012, 19:12)Reality Jones Wrote:
(15 February 2012, 14:44)Skean Dhude Wrote: I can understand that fear but mine is rqadiation. The others can be protected against quite a lot. Radiation not so much.
I totaly agree with you on this one Skean, I carry an army issue gas mask as a form of protection against airborne viruses and also to help me get through smoke/ tear gas etc. The gas mask is part of my BOB, which I keep in my everyday vehicle.
If I was close enough to witness a mushroom cloud in all its beautiful glory then I know my days would be numbered and I'd skip to the top of my 'to do' list.

I get what you're both saying. The gas mask is on my to buy list. But I've got a few surgical style micro-filter masks that brickies and the alike wear. They will have to do for now.

With the mushroom cloud thing, I'd just have to move away. There would be no point sticking around to get hit by radiation. But with a cold/virus/disease, you could already be infected before you get your mask on. That's what I'm freaked about.