Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I'm snow cold & lonely....
18 February 2012, 20:04,
I'm snow cold & lonely....
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-survives-no...13332.html
18 February 2012, 20:13,
RE: I'm snow cold & lonely....
He survived on just snow for nearly 2 months!

Snow, the key to nutrition.

If you're malnutritioned, eat snow. It contains all your vitamins and minerals.

But in all seriousness, that's fricking impressive!!!
19 February 2012, 06:15,
Poor fellow! It is amazing what some people can endure and survive. Stories such as this show us that if the Will to live is strong then survival is possible. I believe that Preppers are more likely to survive because they have this desire to live that the sheeple do not have. Kenneth Eames.
19 February 2012, 11:20,
Well you can survival several weeks without food but only days without water. He had water. He didn't do anything at all so all his energy went towards keeping him warm. He is in bad shape, how bad? Will he lose limbs, his life?

Sounds to me like he just sat there waiting for someone to come and get him. The funny thing is someone did. Smile

Now if it was me I'd have to do something.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2012, 11:36,
i'm actually surprised he could survive for that long! show what you can endure if the will is strong!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2012, 12:05,
my boys and i went for a hill walk the other day,eating snow as we went for a drink, just dont eat yellow snowTongue...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
19 February 2012, 12:25,
(19 February 2012, 12:05)mikebratcher69 Wrote: my boys and i went for a hill walk the other day,eating snow as we went for a drink, just dont eat yellow snowTongue...
reminds me of a Mike Harding joke, father says that new boyfriend of our daughters is writing in the snow with his wee wee, mother says well, boys will be boys, father says yes, i know, but its in our daughters hand writing-boom boom!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 February 2012, 00:16,
Beware eating snow in a survival situation. It can use a lot of energy in your body to convert it to water. this can do 2 things - 1) Cool you down even more towards hypothermia. 2) Use up energy resources.

Obviously aquiring the water is more important than solid foods in the more immediate term but if the practice is continued than it can contribute to points 1 & 2.
TL
24 February 2012, 17:41,
A high BMI helps greatly in situations where energy output and long periods of inactivity are likely...
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
24 February 2012, 17:52, (This post was last modified: 24 February 2012, 17:58 by Scythe13.)
(20 February 2012, 00:16)Timelord Wrote: Beware eating snow in a survival situation. It can use a lot of energy in your body to convert it to water. this can do 2 things - 1) Cool you down even more towards hypothermia. 2) Use up energy resources.

Obviously aquiring the water is more important than solid foods in the more immediate term but if the practice is continued than it can contribute to points 1 & 2.
TL

If it's cold enough, you can blister your mouth as well.
(24 February 2012, 17:41)Preacher Wrote: A high BMI helps greatly in situations where energy output and long periods of inactivity are likely...

I've never been a fan of the BMI scale. When I was in the gym, I was 17 stone with good abs. The BMI said I was morbidly obese!!! I was going through an easy 3000 calories a day.

It's better to measure bodyfat as a survival resource. Remember when David Blaine did his glass box 'trick'/stunt? He went in there FAT!

Anyway, think what Ray Mears would do. He's the only survivalist that goes into a survival situation and comes out fatter than he first went in! Now that's hardcore!!!