Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
After Armageddon (History channel)
21 February 2012, 15:06, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2012, 15:07 by Reality Jones.)
After Armageddon (History channel)
I hope this works
It's long but good to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FexTs_xX6UM
Yep, it works, Phew!
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

21 February 2012, 15:16,
RE: After Armageddon (History channel)
quote from the early part of the video: "LARGE URBAN CENTRES WILL BE UNINHABITABLE"- you saw it here first, folks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2012, 15:19,
One aspect I'm concerned about for urban preppers that I dont feel is given enough consideration is wildfires started by rioters and looters, if a bad situation kicks off and the fire services are withdraw or depleted and a repeat of the Tottenham incident is repeaded I think huge areas of cities could be swept up in a Dresden type firestorm.

21 February 2012, 15:21,
NR,

Agree with you there. It will also be used as a seige engine for people like us in secure locations.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 February 2012, 15:25,
We saw this in the riots when the big store went up in flames in(i think it was)Croydon, it could not be saved and a life times hard work was gutted in a few hours. we had something very similar in a town 20 miles from here when a row of thatched cottages went up in flames, when the fire finished they were uninhabitable.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 February 2012, 16:18,
Watched this last year, left no doubt in my mind, better to leave at the 1st sign of trouble and risk looking a little foolish if nothing much happens then to wait and get trapped some where unsafe.
21 February 2012, 16:44, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2012, 16:54 by NorthernRaider.)
(21 February 2012, 15:21)Skean Dhude Wrote: NR,

Agree with you there. It will also be used as a seige engine for people like us in secure locations.

With one difference, we wont lay down and let them run riot unchallenged, if they try to burn us out chance are many of them will get seriouisly perforated by us before we withdraw to a reserve location, How many bro's or home boys want to throw rocks when bolts, bullets , ballbearings and arrows are flying t'other way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJg42K5Nyc

Thinking laterally about crowd control ?

21 February 2012, 19:40, (This post was last modified: 21 February 2012, 19:40 by Scythe13.)
I've seen that RJ. That is the video that made AlyBear realise I'm not insane haha.
Good find though mate.
24 February 2012, 17:51,
One of The biggest dangers from he aftermath of large scale urban fires is from highly toxic residue caused by the burning of modern "flame retardant" materials in abnormally high flame temperatures caused by widespread, simultaneous combustion...
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.
24 February 2012, 19:17,
There was one point in the film that I was unsure about.... the main guy and his family are all thirsty and he punctures a car radiator to get the water out, he then strains the water through his shirt and then boils it. in the next scene they are all happily drinking it from bottles.
Is it safe to do this? What about the anti freeze/coolant in the water?
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.